Register Now
Kane99

RIP Stadia - Closing up January 2023

On 10/20/2022 at 7:11 PM, killamch89 said:

We all said that even before it launched - they overpromised and woefully underdelivered. I'm glad it failed and I hope Google leaves the gaming industry for good because we already have enough greedy companies in this sphere.

Not everything would go as planned but anyways that wouldn't stop Google from trying though out a new venture if there's money to be made from it.

Has anyone gotten refunds yet for their purchases of a Google Stadia and the hardware? It sounds like Google is making things right and they've started to refund some customers for their Stadia hardware purchases. But, they will only refund you if you purchased hardware from the Google Store. Those who purchased the controller through Best Buy will not be refunded. I imagine you'll have to take that up with Best Buy, who probably won't issue a refund. 

The good thing is, that if you did purchase through the Google store, you should receive a refund before or by January 18th, which is when the service officially ends. 

More here - https://knowtechie.com/google-issues-stadia-refunds/

2 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Has anyone gotten refunds yet for their purchases of a Google Stadia and the hardware? It sounds like Google is making things right and they've started to refund some customers for their Stadia hardware purchases. But, they will only refund you if you purchased hardware from the Google Store. Those who purchased the controller through Best Buy will not be refunded. I imagine you'll have to take that up with Best Buy, who probably won't issue a refund. 

The good thing is, that if you did purchase through the Google store, you should receive a refund before or by January 18th, which is when the service officially ends. 

More here - https://knowtechie.com/google-issues-stadia-refunds/

It's only a couple of days till the Stadia and Google services is completely shut down, I didn't get any of the devices though but I know a couple of my friends who did , I would try to ask them if they've gotten a refund.