Register Now
Kane99

PlayStation is giving top Stars members ‘priority’ in customer support

Source - https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/playstation-is-giving-top-stars-members-priority-in-customer-support/

It looks like a new service called PlayStation Sars is coming to the US soon, but it may be coming with some displeasure. According to the article above, some people in the Stars program get better support than people who aren't on it. People in Japan aren't too happy that the highest tier users in this program get better support. The players in a tier 4 for example, can get past the support queue. Which many are also annoyed with. 

For those wondering what the service is, it's essentially a reward program for gamers that complete campaigns and activities. 

My view on this is simple. I think if you're a paying customer you deserve to get the same support no matter what. Even if someone pays more towards a service or does more. If you pay money, you deserve support just as much as the one who pays the most. What do you think about this? I'm all for reward programs, but support needs to be equal among all paying customers imo. 

Edited by Kane99

This actually makes sense though because people who play more are more likely to encounter issues. I think this is an okay-ish change because the customer support queue will not be hogged up by TOP Stars members all the time

On 10/1/2022 at 12:19 PM, Empire said:

This actually makes sense though because people who play more are more likely to encounter issues. I think this is an okay-ish change because the customer support queue will not be hogged up by TOP Stars members all the time

I agree with you on this. There are regions where Sony have a stronger base in terms of game purchases and accessories. The fuss about them deciding to give extra support to that region is what I don't understand. 

11 hours ago, Ajibusu said:

I agree with you on this. There are regions where Sony have a stronger base in terms of game purchases and accessories. The fuss about them deciding to give extra support to that region is what I don't understand. 

What's not to understand? It's an inherently flawed and biased system that guarantees quality support to privileged and entitled members only. And what you're saying is that anyone who doesn't put hundreds of hours into their PS games should just suck it up and put up with shitty customer service if there are bugs and issues? I'm sorry, but that's insulting.

On 10/1/2022 at 12:19 PM, Empire said:

I couldn't agree less. I actually believe people with less experience of the PlayStation band and the technology and features indigenous to it are more likely to need help than those who have been playing on the brand for a long time. There should be NO priority given to anyone when it customer service, every who needs it needs it and the same service should be made available to all regardless of how many purchases they've made or how actively they play. I actually find the very idea of what Sony is planning deplorable. This isn't frequent flyer miles or a loyalty stamp from a coffee house, that's fair. This is like at that same coffee house being told you wave to wait if there's a problem with your order or a mistake on your bill because a more regular customer wants help first. I'm actually inclined to call this disgusting and I cannot understand why anyone would think that this is OK.

3 hours ago, Shagger said:

I couldn't agree less. I actually believe people with less experience of the PlayStation band and the technology and features indigenous to it are more likely to need help than those who have been playing on the brand for a long time. There should be NO priority given to anyone when it customer service, every who needs it needs it and the same service should be made available to all regardless of how many purchases they've made or how actively they play. I actually find the very idea of what Sony is planning deplorable. This isn't frequent flyer miles or a loyalty stamp from a coffee house, that's fair. This is like at that same coffee house being told you wave to wait if there's a problem with your order or a mistake on your bill because a more regular customer wants help first. I'm actually inclined to call this disgusting and I cannot understand why anyone would think that this is OK.

This right here. I agree 💯

I don't think paying more should give users the better support. Not everyone can afford to spend as much as others on their gaming hobbies. Some of us can barely afford the console, that purchase alone should be enough. We're supporting this company as well, so it feels like favoritism when they go and do this. 

Just promotes favoritism among their userbase. 

13 hours ago, Akun said:

What's not to understand? It's an inherently flawed and biased system that guarantees quality support to privileged and entitled members only. And what you're saying is that anyone who doesn't put hundreds of hours into their PS games should just suck it up and put up with shitty customer service if there are bugs and issues? I'm sorry, but that's insulting.

If a gamer has put enough time into playing some games, there are higher chances that such player won't even have the need for any support. There are gamers in those regions that they mentioned who do everything to win, but always find it difficult. 

On 10/1/2022 at 10:50 AM, Akun said:

Sony being greedy again. What's new? lol

And people wonder why they're being sued. It's these kinds of disgusting practices, that's why. That's how you get lawsuits looking into your ethics.

That's true, it's not a bad idea to give priority to your customers but make it more transparent and give every equal treatment and attention whenever the need arises.