Register Now
Crazycrab

Do you wanna pay $70 for Skyrim? F**K Nintendo!

6 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

My Switch Lite can run it just fine, but I’m sure they cut corners and removed several things to get it down enough so the hardware could run it. The Switch is a great machine, but let’s be realistic. It’s nowhere near the power and capabilities of PlayStation, Xbox, and PC. Especially PC. So while the game is on the system, it has to be a condensed version. That’s the only way I can see how it works.

The Special Edition is fine on the Switch, it's the extra 6Gb of content along with the extra scripts and memory usage that comes with the Anniversary Edition's Creators Club content that seems to be causing the problems.

I think a game like Skyrim should be priced at $30 new, even if it's a remastered/remade version. I think we've had more than enough time with Skyrim, where it should not be a budget title on pretty much every console out there. Yet they still like to charge too much for the digital version, and I don't get it. Skyrim came out in 2010 didn't it? I don't think a 10+ year old game should be at full price, even if it's a remaster or something. 

On 10/1/2022 at 7:17 AM, Akun said:

I have a feeling that the folks at Nintendo didn't really care much for whether the game would sell well or not, because I just can't see how the marketing team or the sales department looked at the release price and thought it's a great idea. It makes even more sense when you realize that Skyrim isn't a Nintendo game, and when you look at most third-party games on Nintendo platforms, you could tell Nintendo doesn't really put in effort in marketing them well. Now, if this was a Mario or Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2, the content included will be much more rich and worth the price. Probably.

Then again, Bethesda didn't have the best record when it comes to having a fair price for their games either. They've been getting greedier ever since Fallout 76, so I wouldn't be surprised if this genius move came from them and Nintendo just shrugged and said "It's your funeral."

Not having Mario on the list makes it funny. Yes,Skyrim is good and a game that I can play for hours. However, playing close to 60 dollars is ridiculous and not something that I am going to do.

On 10/11/2022 at 7:33 PM, Kane99 said:

I think a game like Skyrim should be priced at $30 new, even if it's a remastered/remade version. I think we've had more than enough time with Skyrim, where it should not be a budget title on pretty much every console out there. Yet they still like to charge too much for the digital version, and I don't get it. Skyrim came out in 2010 didn't it? I don't think a 10+ year old game should be at full price, even if it's a remaster or something. 

Skyrim is a popular game and it has quite a large fan bas of video gamers, I Know I wouldn't purchase Skyrim at that price for now but there are still fans who would gladly hit the stores for it.