Register Now
StaceyPowers

The Outer Worlds 2

I hope your choices have more impact. I feel like the original game didn't really address my choices as significantly as something like Obsidian's other games including Fallout: New Vegas and Alpha Protocol. Obsidian consistently did great work though, so it's not a big dealbreaker for me even if the choices aren't varied (just that I might only play it once and forget about it, like I did with the first Outer Worlds). I was surprised to learn that they did South Park: The Stick of Truth, which I found to be FAR more fun than South Park: The Fractured But Whole in terms of gameplay and writing. They also did Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords, which I heard was more popular than the first KotOR among some circles.

So yeah, I'm semi-looking forward to Outer Worlds 2, see what else they could bring to the RPG landscape that hasn't been done to death already. Hope Obsidian knocks it out of the park once again.

I didn't get to play the first release of this video game but I watched a few gameplay videos about it In the past.

I wouldn't get the outer world 2 but if you actually Played the first game it would only be right you get the sequel for a complete experience.

I'm mostly positive about this game - I liked the game world and plot of the game. However, the original Outer World had its fair share of bugs/glitches - some of them really me. I don't mind if a game has a few minor bugs because that's in every game but glaring ones which make the gameplay less enjoyable cannot be excused.

I'm tempted to check it out when it drops. I liked the first game, but felt it was way too short. I finished the main story too fast. It also felt like fallout in a good way, but I wanted it to be longer like most fallout games. 

If this game turns out to have more going for it, I'll eventually get it. 

On 10/21/2022 at 11:37 AM, Kane99 said:

I'm tempted to check it out when it drops. I liked the first game, but felt it was way too short. I finished the main story too fast. It also felt like fallout in a good way, but I wanted it to be longer like most fallout games. 

If this game turns out to have more going for it, I'll eventually get it. 

In terms of game durations ,what time duration do you feel is too short for a video game?

I usually play a 6 to 10 as stated in the description and for some cases it takes me a combined time of about 15 to 20 hours to complete.

I played outer world but didn't complete it since I was out on a vacation with friends and didn't get enough time to play and Never really considered purchasing it for myself afterwards.