Register Now
Demon_skeith

Bayonetta 3

I played the demo for the second game I think, or it may have been a version of the first game. I forget. But I remember it being quite fun for what I got to play. I wouldn't mind picking up each game and giving them a playthrough. But didn't Bayonetta 2 come out for the Wii U only? I don't know if I want to get a Wii U, I hear they're pretty expensive these days. 

On 10/10/2022 at 9:44 AM, Kane99 said:

I played the demo for the second game I think, or it may have been a version of the first game. I forget. But I remember it being quite fun for what I got to play. I wouldn't mind picking up each game and giving them a playthrough. But didn't Bayonetta 2 come out for the Wii U only? I don't know if I want to get a Wii U, I hear they're pretty expensive these days. 

You can buy it for the Switch as well. Nintendo did swoop in and save the series, why it was only on Wii U originally.

I heard there was a lot of controversy around this game and it's voice actress being fired. I don't know all the deals but I heard people were cancelling their pre-orders in protest. The game from what I've seen looks interesting. I never played the previous titles though so I doubt i'll be picking up this one any time soon.  Does the news around this game hinder your purchase? or are you still picking up the game? Personally, if it was a game I wanted to buy, I would buy it regardless. It's not the fans fault some actress wasn't paid enough or whatnot. Just my two cents.

I'm getting very stong astral chain vibes from this trailer, and given the whole multiple universes thing I actually wouldn't be surprised if they crossed over to some extent. We had Lappy in the very first trailer, and now in this trailer we have Homunculi and a demon at the ends that looks like a butterfly themed legion fusion.

On 10/13/2022 at 1:05 AM, Demon_skeith said:

You can buy it for the Switch as well. Nintendo did swoop in and save the series, why it was only on Wii U originally.

Oh yeah I'm aware. It's how I remember playing the demo. Since I don't own any Nintendo consoles from that time until now. 

On 11/12/2022 at 2:23 PM, Shortie said:

I heard there was a lot of controversy around this game and it's voice actress being fired. I don't know all the deals but I heard people were cancelling their pre-orders in protest. The game from what I've seen looks interesting. I never played the previous titles though so I doubt i'll be picking up this one any time soon.  Does the news around this game hinder your purchase? or are you still picking up the game? Personally, if it was a game I wanted to buy, I would buy it regardless. It's not the fans fault some actress wasn't paid enough or whatnot. Just my two cents.

Yeah she accused the studio of paying her only $4,000 for the role. But it was later reported she lied as that is just for one voice session and they tried to book her for like 4 or 5. So she was still getting paid pretty good in my opinion. 

This article: https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2022/10/24/bayonetta-voice-actress-admits-she-was-not-offered-only-4000-for-the-new-game/?sh=39b3963952ef

tells it a bit differently, in that she was originally offered $10,000, but she wasn't happy about the pay and they offered her $5,000 more for a total of $15,000. And then later they offered her a cameo role for $4,000, which I think is where her complaints came up from. So idk what is right at this point lol.