Register Now
DC

Brag about

@runswithspatulas said it all. I hate it all when someone is so self acclaim, always citing good about him/herself. I know humans has ego, but we don't have to let that show up to our fellow, it should live privately within us. I don't stay too long with people that brags about themselves, citing about personal belongings, and downgrading someone who doesn't have much in his or her life. 

I knew a guy several years ago that would drone on and on about how great he was. How high his IQ was, how rich was, how strong he was, how big his dick was and more. He was so in love with himself that he would consider it an honor for you to be allowed to be in his presence. I finally told him one time to let me know when he was done kissing his own ass, because my ass was full of shit too. He was so pissed off that I called him out like that (taking a baseball bat to his fragile overinflated ego), that he was red in the face and ran away like the scared little pussy he was. I haven't run into him in probably 20 years. I have no idea what happened to him since then, but I'm sure he has received several ass kickings.

As for me bragging about something, the only thing I can think of is my pets and my car. I don't look down on anyone who doesn't have things. I've been there. I'm just proud of those two things. I don't have any skills or abilities in anything to brag about. I'm actually a pretty boring person IRL.

Bragging about never crying.

You can't win with people sometimes. People criticize toxic masculinity, but when you start to express that you cry while enjoying the more trivial things like video games and thus being in touch with your emotions, people sometimes call out on that even in 2022. It's like, which is it? Should I be in touch with my emotions or not? It's why I just can't deal with people anymore because they have this twisted narrative that I'm just not sure how to go along with without stepping on someone's toes. I'd rather just shut up about it most of the time.

People who brag about pwning somebody. It just feels petty and mean.

I have my own anger episodes, sure, and I'll admit I have a bad temper. But I think I've reached a point in my life where I don't have the kind of energy or motivation these people put into their YouTube videos bragging about how they've made someone else look bad, or just putting anyone down at all, regardless of their beliefs.