Register Now
StaceyPowers

Using VR to meditate

This sounds like a cool idea. I usually have a hard time mediating because I couldn't concentrate with even the softest background noise and other distractions, and closing my eyes just makes me sleepy, so a VR environment with my headphones on might do the trick.

22 hours ago, Dhruvguy said:

It worked  I am so wet. So relaxed. So unashamed. So nice to have permission to wet myself. Happy to sit here warm and wet.  I will Be back tomorrow

I am happy that it worked for you.  I have not tried using VR to meditate, but it seems it is going to be the last resort on my push to beating insomnia. 

No matter what that article is trying to say in regards to meditating with VR, I don't get to agree on personal terms. I wouldn't feel comfortable though, instead I'll be on a state of lust and pressure of being in existence somewhere else. I am just fine playing video games and easing my displeasure about life sometimes. 

Sadly can't read article, requires I buy a subscription. 

I can see many people using VR to meditate. But I feel you'd get the same effect as wearing headphones, listening to music and wearing glasses. Don't you usually close your eyes while meditating anyway? So idk if VR is really that practical unless you keep your eyes open. idk, that's just me, maybe they find a way to make it work. 

On 10/10/2022 at 3:35 PM, Kane99 said:

Sadly can't read article, requires I buy a subscription. 

I can see many people using VR to meditate. But I feel you'd get the same effect as wearing headphones, listening to music and wearing glasses. Don't you usually close your eyes while meditating anyway? So idk if VR is really that practical unless you keep your eyes open. idk, that's just me, maybe they find a way to make it work. 

Though it feel like a good idea but I would like to be intentional about whatever I am doing and not looking for a make believe kind of way out from something I could conveniently do on my own for a few minutes without any issue.

I honestly didn't even think that meditation would be something that could be done through VR but it makes perfect sense. I myself don't tend to do any kind of meditating but I do know that it can help so much with relaxing and also with stress and anxiety and really should be something I look into but I haven't done so yet. It's a shame that VR headsets and getting started with VR is still so expensive at the moment as I could see many benefiting from something like this especially when stress and anxiety are such a big problem for so many. It's cool that things like VR can not only be for gaming but also for things like meditating.