Register Now
StaceyPowers

Sony introduces PlayStation Stars rewards program

Furthermore, the fact that one has to participate in loyalty rewards program to supposedly enjoy better customer service really rubs me the wrong way. This issue is in no way specific to Playstation or the gaming industry.

Yeah, it is scummy. As someone who lives in a country where good and professional customer service was repetitively hammered into my head by my superiors, I'm someone who's very uptight about professionalism in customer service. We paid good money for your products, and while I'm not an expert on this, I just have a feeling that amount of money might not just be the exact cost of what the games' are worth, but might have included additional charges for miscellaneous services like the platform you're playing it on (Steam), or how some games are priced at a higher cost in some countries than others. Those additional charges - again, not an expert - probably included our right not to be treated like crap when your products aren't working either, meaning customer service charges.

Edited by Akun

I am beginning to think Sony think there are people that will fall for their words. They have not given support to the customers for years and just want to start now? They should understand that we don't care, just get good games on Playstation, please!

Sony don't give attention to customers feedbacks, of not, actions concerning their products and services which customers complain about would've been attended appropriately. But when suggestions are made by users concerning ways to improve their services they over look it. So for this one, I'm not moved by their loyalty rewards. 

In case you needed any more proof that isn't fucking worth it, check this out!

https://metro.co.uk/2022/10/06/you-have-to-spend-1750-to-get-a-free-game-with-playstation-stars-17518856/

In the US you get 1 point for every 10 cents you spend, or 10 points per dollar.  Right now a for a full priced $70 game like The Quarry requires 17,500 points.  So to get the Quarry just on points you would have to spend $1,750 or 25 full priced games!  A typical user would probably take about 5 or 6 years to get that much, this generation will most likely be done with by then.  It's just like that dumb supermarket Clubcard crap where you get a tiny percentage back in store credit to get you spend there rather than anywhere else, but all it takes is for just one game you wanna play to be available on a service like XBox Game Pass or 2 at half price in a sale in that same period of time for you to be clearly better of just doing it that way.  This is just stupid.

Edited by Crazycrab

On 10/7/2022 at 8:11 AM, Crazycrab said:

In the US you get 1 point for every 10 cents you spend, or 10 points per dollar.  Right now a for a full priced $70 game like The Quarry requires 17,500 points.  So to get the Quarry just on points you would have to spend $1,750 or 25 full priced games!  A typical user would probably take about 5 or 6 years to get that much, this generation will most likely be done with by then.  It's just like that dumb supermarket Clubcard crap where you get a tiny percentage back in store credit to get you spend there rather than anywhere else, but all it takes is for just one game you wanna play to be available on a service like XBox Game Pass or 2 at half price in a sale in that same period of time for you to be clearly better of just doing it that way.  This is just stupid.

You can get 3 brand new PS5's for that price. What the almighty fuck is the incentive to draw in the idiots that would go for it?

Come on people, crack is not your friend. Or at least lay off the god damn cough syrup.

I actually posted a topic about this a week back or so. 

I don't think it's right to give priority support to people who pay for an extra program/service. I think it in turn causes a rift in customer support, because you could have a very valid problem with something, and be stuck behind someone who is contacting about something dumb, but because they pay more, their support get prioritized. It doesn't seem right to me.

It sounds very similiar to Microsoft Rewards (earn points by playing certain games, doing certain tasks etc) but only focused on gaming. I am curious some of the digital rewards they will provide, digital collectibles? Sounds a bit like an NFT system

On 10/16/2022 at 12:14 PM, Empire said:

It sounds very similiar to Microsoft Rewards (earn points by playing certain games, doing certain tasks etc) but only focused on gaming. I am curious some of the digital rewards they will provide, digital collectibles? Sounds a bit like an NFT system

It sounds like it but it's not, these are just marketing strategies these companies employ to get people more interested in playing their video games.

On 11/12/2022 at 8:12 PM, Shortie said:

This sounds like Microsoft's Rewards Program. Has anyone used it yet on Playstation? Is it worth signing up for?  Have you saved any money using it? Or is it just not worth it?

I haven't used it though but from reviews and what others said about it I have reasons to believe it ain't just a facade or a complete waste of time.