Register Now
NightmareFarm

Most frightening moment in gaming

The most frightening moment in gaming, for me, would have to be playing Silent Hill 2. I don't play many horror games these days, but when I played Silent Hill 2, I couldn't stick with it. I wouldn't say I was scared, I couldn't get into the controls mostly. The mix of having to run from enemies, and deal with the tank controls, was quite tough. And I think that highetend the fear factor. 

If the controls were better, I think I would have played it all the way through. 

7 hours ago, Kane99 said:

The most frightening moment in gaming, for me, would have to be playing Silent Hill 2. I don't play many horror games these days, but when I played Silent Hill 2, I couldn't stick with it. I wouldn't say I was scared, I couldn't get into the controls mostly. The mix of having to run from enemies, and deal with the tank controls, was quite tough. And I think that highetend the fear factor. 

If the controls were better, I think I would have played it all the way through. 

Silent Hills 2 was one horror game that requires your full attention in order to even make an attempt at winning. I have been playing it for a while and each moment is always a scary moment in terms of trying to avoid the enemies. 

I wouldn't forget the last episode of "God Hand", it wasn't easy to get past the boss fighter. I killed the second boss fighter and I thought it was the end, u til I learned that their is another mighty one, I couldn't get past that one until I stopped playing the game. 

I'm not usually interested in horror games, but Silent Hill 2 and the first Fatal Frame come to mind in terms of creepy atmosphere that makes me sweat and triggers my anxiety. Fatal Frame is slightly more terrifying because I remember that there's literally no music in much of its quiet exploration, so I had no idea what's gonna jump out at me next. I can't remember if SH2 had creepy music or not, but Fatal Frame stood out for me because it was my first horror game that really scared the crap out of me.

On 10/5/2022 at 2:21 PM, Justin11 said:

I wouldn't forget the last episode of "God Hand", it wasn't easy to get past the boss fighter. I killed the second boss fighter and I thought it was the end, u til I learned that their is another mighty one, I couldn't get past that one until I stopped playing the game. 

God Hand was so difficult to overcome the last stage unless you are smart with winning most of the minor enemies with ease. That is one big challenge on games like that which pushes the rest of the people away.

When you are playing in first person and not expecting to counter any enemies when all of a sudden you get attacked and killed from behind. 
source: playing my very first first person game on pc which was dinosaur hunting. Was hunting herbivores when a raptor attacked me from behind. With the attack the game went into 3rd person mode. Scared me from 1st person gaming sense. I always used a flying and invisible cheat when playing that game. 

Edited by Rain Dew

18 hours ago, Rain Dew said:

When you reach the final boss, die, and decide to return later to play and the saved file in your memory card got wiped clean/doesn’t recognize the save file. The one and only time I got to the end boss on ff7 on ps1 I ended up with a bad memory card which corrupted my save file. 

The same thing happened to me when I first completed the original Crash Bandicoot game and it had some pretty frustrating levels to begin with. I swear I've never been so annoyed in my entire life...