Register Now
Kane99

Dead Space - Remake/Reboot

I didn't notice a dedicated topic to the new Dead Space, beside an old topic about the possible new game coming. I figured we could make a new discussion about the new game itself. Anyway, they released a new trailer and it looks pretty good. 

The accuracy of the audio in creating the lonely atmosphere, knowing something was in the room with you and lack of sound in vacuum areas really set a high bar for me for games that came after this to compare to it. Having enemies that would follow you from one room to another if you tried to run away and spawned into the environment based on your position in a room was new and challenging compared to the previous survival horror king. My heart wants to believe this will deliver but my last 3 pre=ordered games were broken in many ways at launch and for months after, so I take a wait and see approach with AAA titles now, even remakes with new engines.

Super excited for this. I just finished watching the extended gameplay footage that was released today and it does a really good job of showcasing a lot of the changes that up until now have only been talked about rather than actually shown off.

Looks like the game is getting favorable to great reviews across the board. Seems to be a mostly faithful recreation of the original game. The lowest I've seen so far is a 7/10, most reviews I see are 8s and 9s, or 4 out of 5 rating. 

I never got very far in the original game, maybe I'll pick the remake up and see how different and better it is. 

On 1/27/2023 at 1:23 PM, Kane99 said:

Looks like the game is getting favorable to great reviews across the board. Seems to be a mostly faithful recreation of the original game. The lowest I've seen so far is a 7/10, most reviews I see are 8s and 9s, or 4 out of 5 rating. 

I never got very far in the original game, maybe I'll pick the remake up and see how different and better it is. 

Yeah, from what I've seen on YouTube, EA has done a great job with this remake. It captures the eerie feeling of the original game quite well and the graphics look amazing - I'd say this is one of the best remakes EA has done in the past decade.

Seen the game gat mostly positive reviews from outlets, publications and youtubers around the end of January and as late as the beginning of March, like this from Angry Joe:

But it's been almost three months since the game came out, so obviously people were going to stop talking about it. It was busy period as well with games like Forespoken and Hogwarts Legacy coming out around the same time as well, so that was a part of the reason why the conversation around Dead Space quickly fizzling out. Give it a month or two, and people will have stopped talking about Resident Evil 4 remake as well, unless Capcom make another stupid move.