Register Now
Kane99

CDPR announce new Cyberpunk and Witcher games in the works & more

Well, CDPR has announced that they are starting work on their next cyberpunk & witcher games. A new Cyberpunk with the codename Orion. And a new Witcher codenamed Polaris. But that's not all, as there is not one, but two other Witcher games coming, one called Canis Majoris which is a full fledged game that is separate from the new Witcher game. Another game codenamed Sirius in the Witcher universe is being developed by MolassesFlood and will have features like multiplayer. 

Aside from Cyberpunk and Witcher, CDPR also has a completely new IP codenamed Hadar that is currently in the works. Full details can be viewed through the twitter chain below. 

CDPR have seized the future, and sees the need to always add uniqueness to their franchise video game series. I love the codenames given to their finished works. I'm looking forward to playing upcoming "Orion" under the Cyberpunk series. 

This is pretty good news and I hope that they've learned from their mistakes and don't release a game before it is completely ready.

On 10/5/2022 at 6:16 AM, Empire said:

CDPR have said they are splitting into 2 full AAA teams. I predict that one team will be developing the witcher trilogy while team 2 does the cyberpunk sequal and then the new IP after.

That sounds great - hopefully both gaming franchise will continue to get the support that's required.

On 10/6/2022 at 7:19 PM, killamch89 said:

This is pretty good news and I hope that they've learned from their mistakes and don't release a game before it is completely ready.

That sounds great - hopefully both gaming franchise will continue to get the support that's required.

We will see 🙂

On 10/5/2022 at 7:16 AM, Empire said:

CDPR have said they are splitting into 2 full AAA teams. I predict that one team will be developing the witcher trilogy while team 2 does the cyberpunk sequal and then the new IP after.

I'm just hoping they don't botch this like they did with Cyberpunk 2077. Fans will be looking at them with a fine tooth comb just to make sure they're not releasing stuff half finisheshed. Cyberpunk 2077 was a let down for many, not because it was a bad game or anything like that, but it was because they promised us so much, and what we got wasn't what was expected. 

But, with more studios working on their games, maybe we won't see this happen again, at least I really hope not. 

On 10/11/2022 at 6:39 PM, Kane99 said:

I'm just hoping they don't botch this like they did with Cyberpunk 2077. Fans will be looking at them with a fine tooth comb just to make sure they're not releasing stuff half finisheshed. Cyberpunk 2077 was a let down for many, not because it was a bad game or anything like that, but it was because they promised us so much, and what we got wasn't what was expected. 

But, with more studios working on their games, maybe we won't see this happen again, at least I really hope not. 

Hopefully, it performs way better and I would recommend they take their time and not rush to have anything out if it's not going to be up to standard. Good thing they have more hands working on this.

On 11/3/2022 at 6:43 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

Another Cyberpunk? That should be interesting. Make it 3rd person please!!! I wanna see my character. 

3rd person would make it a lot more better atleast you could see everything from the eyes of an observer and that means you could see practically Everything happening in front and behind you.