Register Now
StaceyPowers

Esports and jobs for humans

I was reading a post the other day about Saudi Arabia’s government creating esports initiatives, and how they expect it to create tons of jobs in the economy over the years ahead. It got me thinking about how esports competitor may remain a viable job for humans long after AIs take many other jobs, because the entire appeal is to watch humans compete and excel. Thoughts on this?

2 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

I was reading a post the other day about Saudi Arabia’s government creating esports initiatives, and how they expect it to create tons of jobs in the economy over the years ahead. It got me thinking about how esports competitor may remain a viable job for humans long after AIs take many other jobs, because the entire appeal is to watch humans compete and excel. Thoughts on this?

It's already becoming a good way for some to make money. With more organizations coming up, and new tournaments and events happening, I expect it to only keep getting better. As it gains popularity, I can see the profits for winners going up. 

That's impressive to hear, no matter how AI tends to take away most intelligent gigs from humans, their will always opportunities were others who doesn't have gig will earn from. As far as we have creative minded individuals, ideas will be put into finished jobs and gigs will be available. I just love the notion that, eSports will be a form of income generating means if implemented in Saudi Arabia, those who enjoys life within video games will embrace it when the opportunity presents itself. 

There are many ways Esports players make money especially when they take part in events. So, I believe this is a good way to ensure that they make more money at the end of the day. I look forward to other governments taking part in this initiative. 

I think this is an amazing way for people to be able to do something they enjoy and be able to earn a living from it. For years we have always heard about how games can be bad for us and how people can never understand why we play them and don't just go outside and do what they used to do. The truth is that gaming really is something that you can get into now and make an income from in so many different ways whether it be through esports, streaming and content creation and so much more. I feel in time gaming will become a viable source of income and it will when it does, help so many people. 

Start small. If you have to, work for free to build a curriculum in esports. Sooner or later you'll be in the big leagues. Try and get to meet new people and see them gaming with you. I mean u may work in that location as not even a gamer but as a cool coffee maker 😛

Esports is indeed a growing industry, and the demand for human players will likely continue as people enjoy watching skilled competitors. While AI may take over some jobs, the entertainment value of human competition suggests that esports careers could remain viable in the future.