Register Now
StaceyPowers

What games have impressed you the most with their level of details?

2 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

I just started RDR 2, and am blown away by the level of detail in environments, character interactions, character status, etc.

What games have impressed you the most with the level of detail they feature?

RDR2 for sure. It's one of those games where you can encounter something new every so often. I'm still on my second playthrough, and I'm still taking it slow, trying to collect/open everything. I want to do it before the end of the game. I won't spoil anything though. 

GTA V and GTA IV as well are impressive in details. GTA IV, even though it's been 14 years since it released. It still holds up in terms of the presentation and the little things. As well, The Last of Us was really impressive, even the original PS3 version, which is the one I played. It still looks great today. 

Just Cause 3 & 4 are dope in the graphic departments, and it's so fun using the grapple hook and the flight suit. 

19 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

I just started RDR 2, and am blown away by the level of detail in environments, character interactions, character status, etc.

What games have impressed you the most with the level of detail they feature?

RDR 2 and GTA V are great picks for sure. Alien Isolation, Outlast and Resident Evil 7 are also great picks just for the sheer tension you experience throughout the entire game - the feeling of dread at what's lurking around every corner makes these games very iconic.

Going to say out of the box, It's microsoft flight simulator 2020 by far the best that you ever going to get 🙂 

On 10/6/2022 at 3:33 AM, Kane99 said:

GTA V and GTA IV as well are impressive in details. GTA IV, even though it's been 14 years since it released. It still holds up in terms of the presentation and the little things. As well, The Last of Us was really impressive, even the original PS3 version, which is the one I played. It still looks great today. 

For it's days yes, however not anymore, that beong said what makes them good and so great looking games is ENB or Reshade 🙂 turns GTA around with that running 🙂 

20 hours ago, Empire said:

For it's days yes, however not anymore, that beong said what makes them good and so great looking games is ENB or Reshade 🙂 turns GTA around with that running 🙂 

I disagree. I'd argue that GTA IV does things better than a lot of new games today. There are even aspects of the game that exceed what GTA V does, and even newer titles. I shared a video a while ago about how GTA IV is better than GTA V, or what it does better than GTA V. You can view that video below. I'd say it still holds up quite well today. 

On 10/9/2022 at 7:17 AM, Empire said:

Unless you add mods it be like this

Yeah you can add mods to the PC version of GTA IV. It's been updated a lot over the years via mods. I still think the base game alone holds up today. It may not look as good graphically by today's standards, but it gets the job done fine enough I think. 

On 10/10/2022 at 4:09 PM, Kane99 said:

Yeah you can add mods to the PC version of GTA IV. It's been updated a lot over the years via mods. I still think the base game alone holds up today. It may not look as good graphically by today's standards, but it gets the job done fine enough I think. 

They do the same for GTA 5 nowdays make it into even a WOW look at that. 😛 Just think that why they do not have those wow factors out of the box and not have to add mods to make them that cool and epic

10 hours ago, Empire said:

They do the same for GTA 5 nowdays make it into even a WOW look at that. 😛 Just think that why they do not have those wow factors out of the box and not have to add mods to make them that cool and epic

I get that, but in reality you don't need to use those mods. I can enjoy GTA IV still to this day, even without the upgraded stuff added in. Because having the options to mod it is nice, but sometimes the original release is what I prefer. 

Same with GTA V. I know you can mod it to make it look even better. But even the base game holds up today. More power to you if you want to mod it, I see no issues with that. If it makes the game more enjoyable, awesome! 🙂 

Detroit: Become Human. I know I've harped on about this game many times, but when it comes to details, the most impressed I was by a game was easily DBH and how the most trivial actions easily caused a butterfly effect to ripple down the rest of the game, making me shout "How the f*** was I supposed to know that?!" lol Its butterfly effect usually makes sense though in a storytelling sense rather than the absurd details Supermassive Games loves to trip players up with.

For example, if a character gets captured in one scenario, only by choosing a seemingly destructive option (that totally makes sense), like say, a violent riot, would rescue that captured character from being killed. Or let's say, if you choose to leave a specific comrade behind on the rooftop as one character (let's call him Character A), it's actually entirely possible to either ignore the rooftop when playing the detective Character B or miss out the specific spot said comrade is hiding on the rooftop. Just tiny little details like this that really determines who lives or dies that REALLY makes this game amazing. Take that, Bioware and Telltale Games.

I love that if you screw up bad enough, your main characters can actually die early on in the game and just disappear from the game entirely, making the game shorter than it's supposed to be. And it's not even the obvious screw-ups like failed QTEs either but also other details like not accepting certain people as comrades or not having enough friends to protect you when you're forced into a life-or-death situation that's resulted from your own martyrdom... Just specific details like that. lol