Register Now
StaceyPowers

What games have impressed you the most with their level of details?

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

I recently played Assassin's Creed valhalla and I like how realistic it felt, the characters and world was just right to give that maximum gaming experience.

To be fair, most assassin Creed games look good. I always thought the depth of the world was pretty big. Really made you feel like a master when you climb the tallest building and see the massive world from atop. 

On 10/19/2022 at 11:42 PM, Kane99 said:

To be fair, most assassin Creed games look good. I always thought the depth of the world was pretty big. Really made you feel like a master when you climb the tallest building and see the massive world from atop. 

For some games I have played, you could conveniently go to the end of the map and it just feels like there's is a massive wall preventing you from moving further, assassin's Creed world has depth and you could stray from the mission and still enjoy other parts of the world you are in.

16 hours ago, Justin11 said:

For some games I have played, you could conveniently go to the end of the map and it just feels like there's is a massive wall preventing you from moving further, assassin's Creed world has depth and you could stray from the mission and still enjoy other parts of the world you are in.

I mean, that invisible wall/boundary is in most games. Some just use it more than others - it is implemented quite well in most Assassin's Creed games from what I've seen.

17 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I mean, that invisible wall/boundary is in most games. Some just use it more than others - it is implemented quite well in most Assassin's Creed games from what I've seen.

I used the flight simulator (I Know it not a video game but I guess it counts) and I noticed they didn't have that in them but in this case you could go further without interruption but you get lost and the flight course isn't accomplished but you are not limited even when you go off the course.

Cyberpunk 2077's world is amazing,I just had to stop and stare at the environment for minutes, some areas are so atmospheric. For a few moments I forgot I was in a videogame.  I only wish there were more open buildings in it, because there is not much of that, even within buildings that you can access you are limited to a few corridors and rooms, which  quickly shatters the illusion.

Another game that impressed me was Ghost Recon Wildlands, with its huge and realistic map. It is probably the only  game where the map scale seems close to real. In most other open world games the different areas are very close by and the environment can drastically change very quickly, which gives it a compressed feel. Like the world is shrunken down. For example you can end up in a snowy mountaintop in a minute starting from a rainforest or desert.

I also love when games pay attention to details that most people would find irrelevant or unnecessary. Like being able to roll down the windows or use lights / blinkers in a racing game. For example Test Drive Unlimited or Need For Speed Porsche.

On 10/24/2022 at 10:49 PM, m76 said:

Another game that impressed me was Ghost Recon Wildlands, with its huge and realistic map. It is probably the only  game where the map scale seems close to real. In most other open world games the different areas are very close by and the environment can drastically change very quickly, which gives it a compressed feel. Like the world is shrunken down. For example you can end up in a snowy mountaintop in a minute starting from a rainforest or desert.

I heard about ghost recon wildlands  from a friend when we were discussing about video games with more realistic worlds I mentioned RDR2 but he insisted on ghosts recon wildlands and gave the exact same reasons you stated.

Most newer Rockstar games (RDR2, GTA V), Death Stranding, Detroit Becoming Human, and on the flip side games that have generated aspects like No Man's Sky, or huge map games like The Crew 2 (water details, amazing, up close details are meh).

On 11/3/2022 at 7:02 PM, Syntax said:

Most newer Rockstar games (RDR2, GTA V), Death Stranding, Detroit Becoming Human, and on the flip side games that have generated aspects like No Man's Sky, or huge map games like The Crew 2 (water details, amazing, up close details are meh).

Rockstar studios is one game development studio that pays interesting attention to details in most of their videos , just see what they did with RDR2  and Detroit become human.