Register Now
StaceyPowers

Shopping in video games

2 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

I love that in RDR 2, I can actually pick up items off shelves in stores and examine them and buy them, rather than just using a shopping menu. What are some other games that feature interesting shopping mechanics?

Yeah it's a nice little feature, but I tend to just use the catalog so I can mass buy stuff. It's a lot faster. But if you're wanting to immerse yourself more in the game, buying it that way is an option. I believe you can do it in any shop, including the doctors office. I don't think you can do it for clothes though, that'd be kinda cool if you could. 

6 minutes ago, Demon_skeith said:

I always liked the 3D zelda games, it always gave you a full view of the items before buying.

3D Zelda games have that features and it is cool for the gamers since you can be able to observe the item that you want to purchase before going ahead to make payments. 

9 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

There are several NES games that have this feature. Legacy Of The Wizard is one. Others include Legend Of The Mystical Ninja and FF8. It's all over the place. Not to the same caliber of RDR2, but it's not an uncommon feature.

Been ages since FF 8, but I don't recall able to see items.

9 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

Been ages since FF 8, but I don't recall able to see items.

If you go to any store, there’s a list of what you can buy. Technically, the only things that are straight up visible in the physical sense are your weapons. Like Squall’s gunblade and Quistis’s whip. But anything and everything that’s in your inventory is fair game to buy and sell.

15 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

If you go to any store, there’s a list of what you can buy. Technically, the only things that are straight up visible in the physical sense are your weapons. Like Squall’s gunblade and Quistis’s whip. But anything and everything that’s in your inventory is fair game to buy and sell.

Isn't the point of this topic for the non-shop menu list buying? 🤔

On 10/6/2022 at 3:30 AM, Kane99 said:

Yeah it's a nice little feature, but I tend to just use the catalog so I can mass buy stuff. It's a lot faster. But if you're wanting to immerse yourself more in the game, buying it that way is an option. I believe you can do it in any shop, including the doctors office. I don't think you can do it for clothes though, that'd be kinda cool if you could. 

I like to completely digest every content of a video game I am playing, though I just visit the catalog and buy items but most of the time I spend my time in those shelves hand picking and examining the items , it makes it more realistic and adds to the fun for me.

17 hours ago, egghead said:

I have spent a lot of money on in-game transactions on numerous games but mostly on Roblox and Valorant. I buy skin, armors, etc.

Imagine if those money spent could be converted to a real life currency. Lol

I did spend a lot of my in-game money on cars when I play asphalt and in fortnite as well for some skins and weapons.