Register Now
killamch89

Overwatch 2 Launch Is An Absolute Disaster

Honestly, I'm glad this happened because of the outright scam Activision Blizzard were trying to pull on people that you had to have the first Overwatch to unlock all Overwatch 2 characters from the get-go. Otherwise, you'd have the new characters unlocked and have to grind and get the battlepass to access to the rest - that was announced  a couple of weeks before launch mind you. The launch has been a disaster with 2 DDOS attacks and crippling server issues making the game completely unplayable. What are your thoughts on this whole debacle?

While it definitely is DDoS, it's most likely not an attack per se. It's kind of cringy to me when a big company switching to f2p model cries attack on launch. There is probably 90% more players than usual trying to log in, all at once, and instead of being prepared, they went full surprised Pikachu face, when they flipped the switch. So while it's DDoS, it's not some sort of malicious coordinated attack, it's just massive amount of genuine players trying to play on launch. And Bliz just tries to cover their incompetence and total lack of foresight, by bullshitting people about being attacked. It's not an attack dear Bliz, it's how opening floodgates to f2p works. If only we had prior knowledge in the past 20-30 years of multitude f2p mmo/online game launches to be able to expect what's going to happen. But nope, you guys are launching the first f2p online game ever /s so you are the trailblazers that can only learn on their own mistakes an no one else's

20 hours ago, Empire said:

While it definitely is DDoS, it's most likely not an attack per se. It's kind of cringy to me when a big company switching to f2p model cries attack on launch. There is probably 90% more players than usual trying to log in, all at once, and instead of being prepared, they went full surprised Pikachu face, when they flipped the switch. So while it's DDoS, it's not some sort of malicious coordinated attack, it's just massive amount of genuine players trying to play on launch. And Bliz just tries to cover their incompetence and total lack of foresight, by bullshitting people about being attacked. It's not an attack dear Bliz, it's how opening floodgates to f2p works. If only we had prior knowledge in the past 20-30 years of multitude f2p mmo/online game launches to be able to expect what's going to happen. But nope, you guys are launching the first f2p online game ever /s so you are the trailblazers that can only learn on their own mistakes an no one else's

It's rare that games don't crash on launch day server wise, I wonder if companies wait to see what kind of load comes in first to get servers ready.

On 10/7/2022 at 6:08 AM, Justin11 said:

Who are the users behind the game's attack? The devs should pay attention to the game, and correct the glitches that has ruined the performance. 

Nobody has a clue - Overwatch 2 is an all round mess. It requires a phone number just to access which I have a postpaid phone besides my main but I found a bypass. The real issue is that the queues are so freaking long - I've only got into one game and it crashed midway through. I don't think I'll be touching this game again anytime soon.

14 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Nobody has a clue - Overwatch 2 is an all round mess. It requires a phone number just to access which I have a postpaid phone besides my main but I found a bypass. The real issue is that the queues are so freaking long - I've only got into one game and it crashed midway through. I don't think I'll be touching this game again anytime soon.

Why are phone numbers need when you could conveniently use a mail, though I Kno they are trying to make it more unique but it's unnecessary.

Personally, I haven't played overwatch but I don't think i would enjoy it even if I try to.

On 10/7/2022 at 12:08 PM, Justin11 said:

Who are the users behind the game's attack? The devs should pay attention to the game, and correct the glitches that has ruined the performance. 

I doubt it is an outside attack. When these devs starts giving funny conditions for certain levels or characters in the game to be unlocked, just know such game won't be fun to play. 

As someone who was a huge fan of the first game and played it a lot throughout the years, I was very much excited for Overwatch 2 and the fact it was going free to play. I really felt that with Blizzard would have handled the release of Overwatch 2 better than they did, I was however, very much wrong and it did end up being a complete disaster with huge queues and a DDOS attack all on release day. I do give them credit at how they dealt with it though and was able to get the game back up and running for the players, but I feel with a little more thought, they could have probably avoided the issues they ended up with.

Turn ourselves to our first event which is the Halloween event, and I was super excited for the Halloween event BUT soon became disappointed. I love the fact they have new modes for the Halloween event this year and I have tried them as best I can whilst the game was plagued with server issues again after the update, so I wasn't able to play much. I was hoping for things to be similar to how Overwatch 1 was in terms of the event where you would be able to play games and possibly earn Halloween cosmetics from loot boxes or by completing so many games, but they seem to have locked skins and such behind a pay wall now and we are getting very little for completing challenges which is a huge disappointment. I really feel like they should have kept loot boxes in but made them earnable and not for purchase, why they fully took away loot boxes is beyond me when they could have done so much more with them.

Have things gotten better since release? I heard the big reason they were having problems at first, was due to a ddos attack or something, but I think it was also partly to do with so many people jumping on at once. Either way, have things kinda cleared up since the release? I haven't heard much fuss about the wait times or the problems anymore. 

There are many games that deal with rocky launches. Overwatch 2 seemed to get through it mostly.

On 10/28/2022 at 9:56 PM, Kane99 said:

Have things gotten better since release? I heard the big reason they were having problems at first, was due to a ddos attack or something, but I think it was also partly to do with so many people jumping on at once. Either way, have things kinda cleared up since the release? I haven't heard much fuss about the wait times or the problems anymore. 

There are many games that deal with rocky launches. Overwatch 2 seemed to get through it mostly.

In terms of the release, Blizzard did seem to smooth the servers out and there have been very little issues with the servers since the initial release. The Halloween event that launched last week, however, did have some issues but I feel that was because so many people were trying to get on after the update that it meant the servers were struggling a little. I haven't been on since the first day the Halloween event launched when I was struggling to get into games, but I also haven't heard anyone complaining about any queues or anything since. The only thing Overwatch players seem to be getting upset about is that most new skins or most Halloween skins that you were able to get in Overwatch 1 just by playing the game and earning loot boxes is now kept behind a pay wall. Many seem to want the loot box option back but whether Blizzard do that, no one knows.

On 10/23/2022 at 9:36 AM, Ajibusu said:

I doubt it is an outside attack. When these devs starts giving funny conditions for certain levels or characters in the game to be unlocked, just know such game won't be fun to play. 

It sometimes sounds so unreal and staged, this might just be an attempt to get news about the video game's  release in media and thereby getting more people aware about the video game.