Register Now
aerodynamik

Cellphones Future

The future remains bright, previous ten years wasn't the way it is when compared to the quality of cellphones we have at the moment. Now, we are beginning to see something new around cellphones, just as apple have arrived with a new feature of erasing sim cards with E-sims, I'm just waiting to see the full outcome of such feature. 

Well, I hope flexible screens will become more reliable and affordable... I find the small screen sizes to be rather limiting (especially when browsing the internet on my phone), and a folding screen would increase the size while maintaining the mobility. 

The future is no phone at all, the phones will be built into chips implanted in our bodies somewhere, which isn't too far fetched even at this point in time! They can already put a heads up display in contact lenses, so team that up with a chip implant that can make/take calls and messages etc etc and your nearly there already, so yeah its already been played with in many games and films, but in real life we are very close, if not able to make it a reality! 🙂

On 11/22/2022 at 4:21 PM, ImmersionGaming22 said:

The future is no phone at all, the phones will be built into chips implanted in our bodies somewhere, which isn't too far fetched even at this point in time! They can already put a heads up display in contact lenses, so team that up with a chip implant that can make/take calls and messages etc etc and your nearly there already, so yeah its already been played with in many games and films, but in real life we are very close, if not able to make it a reality! 🙂

It's a bit off at the moment because it needs more testing but yeah, in about 15 years, that'll probably when we seem them rolling out that project.

I honestly never envisioned cell phones being where they are now so seeing how much further they will go in the future is really hard to tell. Being that we seem to be seeing flip phones coming back but now with a smart screen is something I never saw coming but I will admit, I am a little dubious about those screens and whether they can withstand being part of a flip phone like they are. 

On 4/16/2023 at 4:41 PM, Shortie said:

I honestly never envisioned cell phones being where they are now so seeing how much further they will go in the future is really hard to tell. Being that we seem to be seeing flip phones coming back but now with a smart screen is something I never saw coming but I will admit, I am a little dubious about those screens and whether they can withstand being part of a flip phone like they are. 

To be fair, a lot of those modern flip phones don't sell a lot either and within a year normally break and you end up having to buy a new one. I probably wouldn't get one - it's the same reason I've been avoiding foldables. They're just durable enough.

I am not sure how much bigger cellphones are going to get. Surely, designers are going to stop increasing the size because of how practical it is. They barely fit inside my pocket now, let alone being any larger. It's hard to predict the future of smart phones.