Register Now
AJH

Nintendo Switch for a kid

I am fixing to buy one for my 7 year old. Where are some games that would be good for his age? We want to monitor want he plays so we want to find games that are age-appropriate for a 7 year old. 

Thanks! 

Also, where is the BEST place to buy one? I'm guessing Wal-Mart or GameStop? We have both where I am.

We have full list of Nintendo switch for kids between 4-10 years, that are within the PG guideline. You can see below for yourself, you can get them at Amazon or via any local online store in your country. 

- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

- Snipperclips

- Minecraft

- LEGO DC Super-Villains

- Cars 3: Driven to Win 

These are few options of switch games for kids I can recommend at the meantime. 

Pretty much any Mario game is kid friendly. You can't really go wrong there. There are some that are more geared towards the adult crowd, but not for any vulgar or kid unfriendly reasons. Like one of my favorites is FutureGrind. I'll post a trailer for it below so you can see what I mean. And if you're getting it for a young child you definitely need to put a memory card in it to expand your space for games, and then buy DDL's instead of carts. That way he can't lose his games when he wants to play it. So I recommend going to the Nintendo eShop through your Switch and buying games that you think are appropriate for him. It's a lot easier than going to Walmart or Gamestop, there's IMMENSELY more options there, and there's always games that are on sale. If there's anything that you or your partner want to play that's more adult oriented, you can always buy the carts for yourselves, so that he can't play them. Nintendo Switch offers a lot of options for a lot of things. Also, if you're looking for games and one or two spark interest but you don't want to buy them at that moment, there's a wishlist that you can put them in to keep them handy for whenever you think the time is right to buy it. And your wishlist itself never expires.