Register Now
Kane99

Xbox gamepass made Microsoft a ton in 2021

Source: 

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/88846/microsoft-reveals-how-much-money-game-pass-actually-makes/index.html?utm_source=dlvr.it

Microsoft recently revealed how much Gamepass has made them for the year of 2021, and it's a pretty big price tag. They made $2.9 billion from gamepass on consoles in 2021. But Xbox gaming made a total of $16.28 billion for the year of 2021. 

Looks like Gamepass is paying off for them right now. 

Truly paying off no doubt, such amount in the region of $2.9 billion is encouraging for a big company like Xbox. Imagine for a short period of time in which gamepass came into existence it has made a significant waves bringing a valuable profit to the company. Let's wait to see their 2022 annual profit release for their games pass.  

3 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Truly paying off no doubt, such amount in the region of $2.9 billion is encouraging for a big company like Xbox. Imagine for a short period of time in which gamepass came into existence it has made a significant waves bringing a valuable profit to the company. Let's wait to see their 2022 annual profit release for their games pass.  

It's what's keeping Xbox alive and likely selling more than Playstation as of late. The gamepass service is one of the best bang for your buck. I haven't purchased a new game in years now. Not only $2.9, but that's just their Gamepass portion, they reportedly still had $16.28 billion in total for that year. It's crazy to see those number. 

A lot of people are asking about the cost but are also missing one important detail. How much revenue did Microsoft lose on their first party games from people who would have bought the games without Game Pass existing? It's obviously impossible to get an exact number on that but is a very relevant question. Same goes for missing out on the cut of third party games on the Xbox Store.

On 10/18/2022 at 12:11 PM, Empire said:

A lot of people are asking about the cost but are also missing one important detail. How much revenue did Microsoft lose on their first party games from people who would have bought the games without Game Pass existing? It's obviously impossible to get an exact number on that but is a very relevant question. Same goes for missing out on the cut of third party games on the Xbox Store.

Well,if you look at it from the other angle, you will understand that there is a lot to benefit from having Gamepass for the company than letting all gamers have access to their games. It is going to take time, but they are truly going in the right direction. 

I was super pleased to see that Microsoft did well with Xbox Game Pass. I myself absolutely love Xbox Game Pass as it gives me the opportunity to try games that I wouldn't normally even attempt to try if I didn't have Game Pass as I would probably never come across them. It's not a bad price either for a month and with the library of games that you get access to, it's worth it alone just for that. I am very glad that Game Pass paid off for Microsoft as it means that they are more inclined to keep it going and for those who are on a budget, this is perfect for them to have access to a ton of games.

1 hour ago, Shortie said:

I was super pleased to see that Microsoft did well with Xbox Game Pass. I myself absolutely love Xbox Game Pass as it gives me the opportunity to try games that I wouldn't normally even attempt to try if I didn't have Game Pass as I would probably never come across them. It's not a bad price either for a month and with the library of games that you get access to, it's worth it alone just for that. I am very glad that Game Pass paid off for Microsoft as it means that they are more inclined to keep it going and for those who are on a budget, this is perfect for them to have access to a ton of games.

Yeah, there's so many games I have downloaded that I would never have bothered with otherwise. Paying $15 a month to get a ton of games, is not bad to me, plus I have found great games because of it. 

And I'm cheap, and can't afford most games anyway, so tossing up $15 every once in a while to get a months worth of games to check out, I can't complain. 

On 11/3/2022 at 10:37 PM, Kane99 said:

Yeah, there's so many games I have downloaded that I would never have bothered with otherwise. Paying $15 a month to get a ton of games, is not bad to me, plus I have found great games because of it. 

And I'm cheap, and can't afford most games anyway, so tossing up $15 every once in a while to get a months worth of games to check out, I can't complain. 

Normally to play atleast 9 video games in one month on Xbox would cost you nothing less than a hundred dollars if you get each game at $10 each but right now you just pay $15 and have as much as you could possibly play.