Register Now
AJH

Pokémon

On 10/27/2022 at 1:12 PM, Shortie said:

I remember when I was younger, this would have been in the 90's Pokemon was all the rage, from cards to the games everyone either had the game or the cards or both. I remember my brothers were all into getting the cards and they used to collect them and with me being interested and curious, I myself started collecting them as well. My youngest brother was the one who played the games quite frequently and I did play them a few times myself but it was never anything I full go into in terms of Polemon. I didn't mind the cards and even watching it on the TV but the games I struggled to get into. 

What made it hard to get into the games? I found it easier to play the video game then collecting the card version.

11 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

What made it hard to get into the games? I found it easier to play the video game then collecting the card version.

I honestly believe it was just understanding the concept of the game. My brothers pretty much nailed it right away, but I found I struggled, and they didn't want to spend the time showing me, so I lost interest. Like now I can play Pokémon Unite so much and not get bored, but the games back then were a lot different, so I just found myself collecting the cards over playing the game. 

On 10/30/2022 at 8:36 PM, Shortie said:

I honestly believe it was just understanding the concept of the game. My brothers pretty much nailed it right away, but I found I struggled, and they didn't want to spend the time showing me, so I lost interest. Like now I can play Pokémon Unite so much and not get bored, but the games back then were a lot different, so I just found myself collecting the cards over playing the game. 

I had same experience with God of war 2 on PlayStation 2 , my siblings didn't even pay any attention to me and I had to learn the hard way and eventually became a pro at it afterwards.

Its entirely understandable for you to lose interest in a game If you don't know how to play it and you lack the motivation to even learn how to.

On 10/30/2022 at 2:36 PM, Shortie said:

Your brothers would have likely gotten it right off the bat because they probably watched the Pokemon anime so they'd have an idea of what to do. Just watch a season of Pokemon and believe me, everything in the game will make much more sense to you.

On 11/16/2022 at 5:30 AM, killamch89 said:

Your brothers would have likely gotten it right off the bat because they probably watched the Pokemon anime so they'd have an idea of what to do. Just watch a season of Pokemon and believe me, everything in the game will make much more sense to you.

That's happened to me too, I did play Pokemon red and blue as a kid but I have played other games from the franchise and I realized that most of my knowledge from pokemon series I have seen gave me more advantage in the game.

On 11/22/2022 at 4:02 PM, Justin11 said:

That's happened to me too, I did play Pokemon red and blue as a kid but I have played other games from the franchise and I realized that most of my knowledge from pokemon series I have seen gave me more advantage in the game.

It's kind of the same with other games like Yu-Gi-Oh and Megaman.

On 11/28/2022 at 1:37 AM, killamch89 said:

It's kind of the same with other games like Yu-Gi-Oh and Megaman.

MegaMan is a really good one and it's strange that I almost completely forgot about this game.

Pokemon, MegaMan and super smash Bros made a big part of my earliest memories with video games.