Register Now
AJH

Pokémon

When I was a kid Pokémon was a big deal. My oldest son is starting to collect the cards and so are his friends. I guess it’s making a comeback or maybe it never went away lol 

Did you play any of the Pokémon games as a kid or collect the cards? 

I grew up with Red/Blue/Yellow, picked up Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, then FireRed/LeafGreen. Played a few Pokémon ROMs on and off throughout the 2010s before finally playing Diamond/Pearl till Sword/Shield just last year. Barely completed Arceus yet. I've collected fake Pokémon TCGs as a kid and played a lot of Online TCG as an adult until about six months ago when I quit permanently. And finally, I grew up with the American dub of the Pokémon anime but switched to the original Japanese version in my teens. Watched it all the way up till Sun/Moon before dropping it. I saw the specials too, including the badass Pokémon Generations that should've had a continuation.

But I think Scarlet and Violet is the point where I'll finally call it quits and ready to move on. I just don't feel like Pokémon is that special for me anymore even with all the experimentation they did with the formula in Arceus. I might still check out the Pokémon anime in the future though just to see how Ash/Satoshi is doing, especially with that Cynthia league battle he was said to participate in recently.

But in all honesty, I've always been more of a Digimon guy anyway. lol Not that Digimon has given me good reasons to continue supporting its franchise, with the lack of quality games and TV series...

pokemon red and blue was my first encounter with the pokemon franchise and I could remember it was on my Gameboy console back in the day.

I didn't play as many of the recent pokemon games but I am well engrossed with pokemon legends Arceus on the Nintendo switch at the moment.

I bought a bunch of trading cards online recently that were part of a Pokémon tournament deck list. It's a little challenging to use because it's not an attack deck - Arceus VStar providing energy quickly to any of your Pokémon. I spent around $80-$100 for them.

On 10/20/2022 at 7:20 PM, killamch89 said:

I started playing Pokemon as a kid as I used to watch the original anime and I got Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow for the Gameboy color. However, I haven't played it in about 7 years at least. That's if I'm remembering correctly.

I guess pokemon red and blue is the biggest game from the pokemon series (not in terms of size) but for how everyone seem to have played it at some point as opposed to other games off the series.

I remember when I was younger, this would have been in the 90's Pokemon was all the rage, from cards to the games everyone either had the game or the cards or both. I remember my brothers were all into getting the cards and they used to collect them and with me being interested and curious, I myself started collecting them as well. My youngest brother was the one who played the games quite frequently and I did play them a few times myself but it was never anything I full go into in terms of Polemon. I didn't mind the cards and even watching it on the TV but the games I struggled to get into.