Register Now
Techno

Halloween Games

I don't play too much horror games myself, but during the Halloween season, I do like to play games like Red Dead Redemption: The Undead Nightmare (which I may stream to a friends discord), and maybe some Left 4 Dead 1 and 2. I may even spin up Alan Wake remastered on PC and play the DLC I forgot to play the last time. Other than that, I don't play too much of the horror genre, so I can't really say what else I would play. 

I had so many suggestions but then I read the scared easily part. So I’d recommend Call of Cthulhu & The Sinking City. If your into FMV’s at all. I’d say The Shapeshifting Detective, The Infectious Mind of Doctor Dekker can be fun little thrillers. Little Nightmares 1 & 2, Limbo & Inside are fun as well. I love horror/thriller games. I’d say in my PlayStation library those are ones I think most gamers can enjoy.

I'll be doing my traditional playthrough of Resident Evil 3 Remake on the day itself. RE4 used to be the game I'd play on Halloween, but I switched to the remake of 3 due to it being much easier to finish in one sitting. Besides that, I'm also planning to re-play Until Dawn, Little Hope, and House of Ashes as the month goes on.

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

Silent Hill

What Happened to Edith flinch

Dying light

Dead space

I wouldn't really count What Remains of Edith Finch. Nothing really happens in it aside from puzzles and a story via notes and narration. It's atmospheric, but I wouldn't put it on a list horror games or games for Halloween. But that's just me. I don't view it as a scary game, if anything it's more depressing and sad than scary. 

18 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Silent Hill

What Happened to Edith flinch

Dying light

Dead space

Dying Light is a good shout and so is Dead Space - Not much has to be said about Silent Hill either. Dying Light's zombies are a bit smarter than the average zombie you see in other videogames.

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Dying Light is a good shout and so is Dead Space - Not much has to be said about Silent Hill either. Dying Light's zombies are a bit smarter than the average zombie you see in other videogames.

Dying light Comes with what I like to call "hybrid zombies" you don't just have then running around aimlessly they are aware you are a target and Comes at you with full force making it a lot more intense to play.

As much as I have in the past played Horror games, I can't say they are my most favorite genre and because of that I usually tend to play games that have events during Halloween such as Fortnite with their FortniteMares, Overwatch Halloween Event or even Roblox with their Work at Pizza Place Halloween update or the Halloween update on Murder Mystery on Roblox. I know this year Overwatch and their Halloween update does have a mode where there are jump scares and I did play it the other day and as much as the jump scares are not as bad as some games, they do catch you out in terms of where they are placed to kick in in the game.

16 hours ago, egghead said:

Try playing Visage. This is a first-person psychological horror game. It is slow paced and every second you will find your heart pounding harder.

If it comes with a lot action then I am in for it , though I haven't heard about visage up untill now but I would check it out since we are still in the season of Halloween and I am always looking for something new to play.