Register Now
StaceyPowers

Is nighttime too bright in most games?

On 10/20/2022 at 5:57 PM, killamch89 said:

Phasmophobia is a huge culprit of this. Resident Evil 7 as well if I'm being honest.

I get what you mean but there quite a bit of games that adjusts the brightness ever so slightly even when maxed out - You still can't see anything really.

That's true. Do they derive fun in doing these things that can affect the visuals of the gamers?

On 10/20/2022 at 6:06 PM, Syntax said:

Might just depend on your device, but I've played games where I can't see anything at night and have to actually adjust the brightness to see enough. Maybe try to dim the brightness level in your game to see less?

That's true, you could also adjust the brightness of you TV and that could make the game look a lot more dimmer to your eyes since video games are already preprogrammed to have a certain brightness at different points or stages or environment in the game.

10 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I actually like a bit of brightness so I can see things. I actually don't like the weather changing too fast in games from day to dark and it gives me anxiety as if I have to accomplish things before dark falls. But when dark is still bright enough I enjoy the ambience. 

Dark theme games like you find them in blood Bourne or BioShock where even day time still feels like you are walking in a very foggy day or a storm is approaching is aesthetically pleasing and makes the world feel more authentic to the game plot and storyline.

I find that nighttime in video games for me seems dark enough but then again, I have never used a mod to make it darker so I wouldn't have anything to compare the games I have played with. I know the one game that I wish was a little darker than it is in game and that is Fortnite. You often don't even realize that it's nighttime in the match you are in unless you look up and see that it is. It would be nice to see it looking darker on a nighttime and have the daytime brightness a little less.

On 11/7/2022 at 10:58 PM, Shortie said:

I find that nighttime in video games for me seems dark enough but then again, I have never used a mod to make it darker so I wouldn't have anything to compare the games I have played with. I know the one game that I wish was a little darker than it is in game and that is Fortnite. You often don't even realize that it's nighttime in the match you are in unless you look up and see that it is. It would be nice to see it looking darker on a nighttime and have the daytime brightness a little less.

The night time of fortnite is usually really bright and I think the game developers intentionally made it that way because of the nature of the world is which all the actions in fortnite are Carried out.

Games like the last of us has moderate brightness and you still feel the intensity of the night time when it comes.