Register Now
joblessdude

Have you ever been in to returning game DVD for a cashback?

I usually buy games from the local mall for a full fee. They've an interesting scheme of returning game DVD for 50% cashback. As soon as I completing the game, I will return the DVD to the same shop and get 50% cashback. During those times PC games DVD used to cost around 49 USD. Those were the precious times of my childhood. Got some interesting games that shop.

I did that for some of the Switch games I haven't played for a long time and no longer wish to. There's a few local video game stores willing to buy used Switch games. That's the closest to a "cashback" scheme around here, I guess.

On 10/14/2022 at 3:45 AM, Akun said:

I did that for some of the Switch games I haven't played for a long time and no longer wish to. There's a few local video game stores willing to buy used Switch games. That's the closest to a "cashback" scheme around here, I guess.

You're the fortunate one - we hardly have anything like that for Switch games. It's mainly PS4/PS5 and Xbox One/Series games.

On 10/23/2022 at 9:19 AM, Ajibusu said:

I preferred giving them out to friends. I have returned just 3 plates in the past because I needed the money to handle some emergencies. 

I haven't willing giving out my video games unless maybe it was a swap and I got another in return for the once I give out, I don't want to seem too stiff handed but my video games back then was so precious to me. Lol

I just sell all games with the console when I eventually sell it, I don't bother trying to return any individual games since college when I was really short on cash. I literally had to sell old games to get new ones in the PS2 era. And I could never afford brand new games only old ones that were at lest 50% discounted.

Edited by m76

10 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I haven't willing giving out my video games unless maybe it was a swap and I got another in return for the once I give out, I don't want to seem too stiff handed but my video games back then was so precious to me. Lol

Mine were precious to me as well. However, I got to do what I had to do because it is just a game and not holding tight to them for too long is the best way to go.

Oh so you mean trading games in for store credit? I rarely did that, because the payout i got for most games wasn't worth it. I sold off a lot of my games to a game store and I didn't get a whole lot for it. Which I regret doing. 

I never saw a time where stores would give you 50% cash back, but like I said I rarely sold games back to stores. 

I know where I live, we used to have two places that used to have a policy where you would take games back you had completed and no longer wanted for store credit. Unfortunately, one of the stores that allowed this went out of business which was a shame, and we were left with only one store that would do this now. With us having the ability now to either buy games physically or digitally I usually tend to buy my games digitally, so I don't tend to go back into the store now and return them once I have completed them for store credit as I am unable to do so. I do know that the store we have left now though will buy any used games that you have as long as they are in good condition for a small fee depending on the kind of game it is and how old the game is. I do sometimes do this to clear out any games we no longer play or have the ability to play but it's not as often now as it used to be before digital downloads were released.

On 10/25/2022 at 4:51 AM, Ajibusu said:

Mine were precious to me as well. However, I got to do what I had to do because it is just a game and not holding tight to them for too long is the best way to go.

That's true which is why as a kid I either sold my DVD'S off or swapped it for something different.