Register Now
joblessdude

Have you ever mistakenly spilled coffee on your desktop keyboard?

My sister spilled coffee on my desktop keyboard. I tried to dry it via sunlight next day but some of the keys malfunctioned. I am left with no other choice other than replacing the keyword. Got one from Zebronics. If you're having coffee never ever keep it nearby to the gadgets. 

I spilled food on my keyboard pretty often, from rice to biscuits to cookies. Yeah... I have a bad habit of having my meals in front of the computer. I do try to be careful though, so it's not like I have to replace my keyboard every month.

I have talk and spit of spit has came out 😛 easy clean. But to answer. Nope I Have not spelt anything on my gear and in fact I do not have anything near my gear or at the desk as I tend to to step away and go elsewhere for that 🙂 

I do not want to kill my $180 Keyboard off 😛

I have not dropped coffee or any other beverages on my keyboard. I have spilled on my desk before, and that was kinda close to my keyboard. 

I'm usually safe when it comes to beverages. I don't keep them close to my electronics. 

On 10/21/2022 at 11:27 AM, Kane99 said:

I have not dropped coffee or any other beverages on my keyboard. I have spilled on my desk before, and that was kinda close to my keyboard. 

I'm usually safe when it comes to beverages. I don't keep them close to my electronics. 

That is the same way that I behave. I can't imagine spilling a coffee on my Samsung mobile device, for example. That means spending a lot of money to get it fixed up.

It wasn't coffee I spilt but it was tea that I spilt onto my keyboard, and it had sugar in. I instantly unplugged my keyboard and turned it upside down so that any liquid would run out of where the keys are, and I left it for a little while. After that I turned it the right way up, wiped it down with a damp cloth and then left it a little longer to dry and then plugged it back in. It was fine thankfully but some of the keys were sticky which was a pain, eventually the stickiness wore off and I was able to use it fine until it died earlier this year. It's always a pain when you spill something into something like a keyboard as you never know if it will ever still work or what issues you may have with it. I was lucky that it didn't completely break my keyboard. I am now so careful when I have any drink near my PC and keyboard.