Register Now
ZandraJoi

Earning money playing games

How much money can an average person earn? What is the most someone has earned that you know of? I know some Gamers have 'day jobs' & do gaming for just some extra cash. Is it worth it?

Do you feel you get burnt out more having to play games for money? I would feel the pressure personally.

I've never really made any money from gaming and not because it's not possible. It's just that I play games for fun and making it into a sidehustle makes it less fun - I do know a few people who went down this road for a while and stopped because they started to lose interest in gaming because they weren't enjoying it as much.

I made nothing from gaming, You can be a game tester and whatnot 😉 However trying to get into one is not that simple then downloading and gaming with test software. When my grandpa who was working for a client said that his son in law was making his own business  as a game game developer and neded to hire people from all mixed jobs, Game testers was one of those things 🙂 I got hold of the name and I lokked into it. Turn out that there company been running for 10 years and made many games and they have a team of 20 people. I had a email and buy it was a real-deal and did not expect that. I was looking for simple cash in hand jobs LOL not a fill time job. they are asking me everyhing that was pointless to what the job in hand was about. 

On 10/13/2022 at 6:02 PM, killamch89 said:

I've never really made any money from gaming and not because it's not possible. It's just that I play games for fun and making it into a sidehustle makes it less fun - I do know a few people who went down this road for a while and stopped because they started to lose interest in gaming because they weren't enjoying it as much.

Even when you decide that you want to make money from gaming, believe me that it is going to be one of those tough decisions because you are going to spend a lot of time on games that won't give you the kind of return that you were expecting. So, take a look at it and decide, if it is okay to do such all because you want to make some penny from playing games. 

I’ve never made any money from gaming. Heck it wasn’t until recently I even did a talking playthrough. It would be nice to earn money from doing playthroughs but with me not being on any ADD medications and with my OCD grabbing hold of different games for only so long before I just jump to a next one, it is practically impossible for me to do that. Even just finishing a game playthrough is hard enough for me. Just look at my and @The Blackangel’s gaming channel. I have only posted 2 videos so far and have slacked off sense. 

I've tried to, but a lot of games that have an auction house or way to trade in-game items for real-life money, tend to have a tax (or just straight up banned outright by the rules). Most of the ways to earn money by playing games tend to just be related to streaming and earning money through that medium.

On 10/17/2022 at 12:04 AM, Ajibusu said:

Even when you decide that you want to make money from gaming, believe me that it is going to be one of those tough decisions because you are going to spend a lot of time on games that won't give you the kind of return that you were expecting. So, take a look at it and decide, if it is okay to do such all because you want to make some penny from playing games. 

And then your audience decides which games you should play - you can't really play what you want. Take for instance, Overwatch 2 - It's impossible just to get a match started and yet you'll have lots of people wanting you to play it.

11 hours ago, killamch89 said:

And then your audience decides which games you should play - you can't really play what you want. Take for instance, Overwatch 2 - It's impossible just to get a match started and yet you'll have lots of people wanting you to play it.

Hahaha, there goes the frustration that comes in all of these. I always see trying to make money via playing games as a total waste of time.

This totally depends on which category you are in, you could earn a few bucks playing videogames but not as much as a professional game developer could earn it maybe someone who is a renowned video game content streamer.

All it takes is just to be really good at which ever category you are in and find a way to get it working for you.

On 10/18/2022 at 11:22 PM, Ajibusu said:

Hahaha, there goes the frustration that comes in all of these. I always see trying to make money via playing games as a total waste of time.

I agree - I wouldn't waste my time doing it either. It can work but you'd have to find a niche part of gaming like RP servers which most won't participate in.

23 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

I love gaming, but I don't want to make money from it as it may kill my joy that I get from gaming.

This is true. I have not had the zeal to search further for games that I can make money from by playing. Seeking for rewards will definitely be the end of it all.

On 10/23/2022 at 9:03 AM, Demon_skeith said:

I love gaming, but I don't want to make money from it as it may kill my joy that I get from gaming.

I already have quite a good number of things I do and trying to make money off my video games would turn it to another work activity instead of a fun and relaxing experience.

There's not many options when it comes to making money on video games. It's either you work on them, stream them, review them, join an eSports league, etc. 

It's kinda hard to make money from gaming. You could be a game tester, but I hear that job is notoriously bad, you literally play the same areas over and over attempting to break the game. 

Game developers also don't make a ton either. 

It's hard to make money from gaming.