Register Now
ZandraJoi

Earning money playing games

8 hours ago, Kane99 said:

There's not many options when it comes to making money on video games. It's either you work on them, stream them, review them, join an eSports league, etc. 

It's kinda hard to make money from gaming. You could be a game tester, but I hear that job is notoriously bad, you literally play the same areas over and over attempting to break the game. 

Game developers also don't make a ton either. 

It's hard to make money from gaming. 

I don't think game developers for the big hits don't make a lot of money. If I were to be one of the developers of Elden Ring, I will definitely demand for a higher payment. 

10 hours ago, Kane99 said:

There's not many options when it comes to making money on video games. It's either you work on them, stream them, review them, join an eSports league, etc. 

It's kinda hard to make money from gaming. You could be a game tester, but I hear that job is notoriously bad, you literally play the same areas over and over attempting to break the game. 

Game developers also don't make a ton either. 

It's hard to make money from gaming. 

I wouldn't count esports league, end up not being good and you earn very little to nothing and if you're good you'll just strain your hand to a broken state.

17 hours ago, egghead said:

I play some crypto games where users are supposed to earn crypto tokens and NFTs. However, I am yet to earn because the entire crypto market has crashed and it is very difficult to sell tokens and NFT>

Crypto games aren't the best way to earn money since the tokens you earn has little to no value and you have to come back daily and spend atleast 2 hours playing boring video games to earn.

13 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Crypto games aren't the best way to earn money since the tokens you earn has little to no value and you have to come back daily and spend atleast 2 hours playing boring video games to earn.

Have you played The Sandbox, REVV Racing, Sorare, or Spinterland? I don't think you have played any crypto games at all.

On 10/29/2022 at 1:10 AM, egghead said:

Have you played The Sandbox, REVV Racing, Sorare, or Spinterland? I don't think you have played any crypto games at all.

I haven't played any of them, but I did play arcade games on rollercoin.

How do you earn with sandbox and the other games you mentioned?

If I was to say I have never made any money playing video games I would be lying as from 2017 - 2022 I took on content creation and I did make money throughout those years doing just that, playing video games. In terms of any other ways to earn playing video games I have always been skeptical about those and will often overlook them because I worry that they will not be all as it seems.

If you are from Venezuela or another country with a totally destroyed economy. Yes, you can live from farming in games and sell what you farm for real money. Because even if you earn a pittance in dollars, that can be a salary in your country.  But in any country with a functioning economy you cannot.

NFTs are a pyramidal system, the game currency is generated by playing but this continuous increase in the money supply generates inflation, which makes the system only viable if the number of players continues to increase, when the game loses popularity, which it will happen sooner rather than later, it happens in all games, the value of the NFT drops and if you didn't sell on time you will not only not make money but you may even lose money.

Of course, if you can predict when the peak will come to buy when it was cheap and sell before the fall, yes, you can make money, but if you can do that you would be speculating with cryptos, forex or daytrading.

The people who live from playing do so with earnings outside of the games, such as youtubers, streamers, sponsored e-sports teams, etc. Except Venezuelans and people of some other country that has a destroyed economy.

Edited by Gonzalo

From a streamer perspective, it all depends on the size of your reach and community, and if people in your community are willing to sub to you or drop bits or other currency through donations. I know plenty of streamers who break their butts streaming long hours to make a living and i'm not sure if they're even making enough to 'live comfortably' or 'just get by'. It's hard to say how much someone in the gaming industry makes. It depends on what they're doing within this industry.