Register Now
DC

Bad or mediocre movies that would make great video games?

There are plenty of movies that feature exciting action, interesting concepts, or cool settings, but which just don’t work for other reasons (i.e. bad acting, tedious or pointless stories, etc.). Some of these movies might work better as video games. Can you think of any examples?

Honestly, not sure I'd want bad or mediocre movies to be made into video games. Some things don't always translate well from one medium to the other. There is one movie that comes to mind though, and I wouldn't say it's a bad movie, it's one I enjoy, but I think Little Monsters from 1989 would make for a fun video game. Maybe it can delve deeper into the underworld or whatever it was when they went through the portal under the bed. I think it could work as a fun side scroller or something. 

There is actually a game for the movie The Room, the one from 2001 made by and starring Tommy Wiseau. It kinda got a 2D style game years later, that I think was released on Newgrounds. 

Oh I found it, it's called The Room Tribute:

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/547307

Predators: While I was watching this movie recently, I kept thinking to myself that it was like a movie adaptation of a video game that didn't exist. It would work great as a video game, where you play as a soldier who's been abducted and dropped on the Yautjas' game preserve planet with 7 other random soldiers. You'd have to work together as a squad while trying to find a way off the planet and avoid the Yautja who are hunting you, and you'd have to watch your back in case somebody decides to betray you.

John Wick. Of course there are games out there that allow you to play as a Pseudo John Wick and I know he is a playable character in Payday 2 but I want a legitimate John Wick game. Then also The underworld movies. There are tons of characters and lore and cool weapons. Plenty of plots to draw out and expand on. Everybody loves vampires and werewolves anyways

On 10/14/2022 at 12:07 PM, Empire said:

John Wick. Of course there are games out there that allow you to play as a Pseudo John Wick and I know he is a playable character in Payday 2 but I want a legitimate John Wick game. Then also The underworld movies. There are tons of characters and lore and cool weapons. Plenty of plots to draw out and expand on. Everybody loves vampires and werewolves anyways

A John Wick type of game will blow the minds of many. He is one movie character that I liked so much and seeing him on games will definitely be a plus.

I Am Legend (with more of a focus on the start of what caused it, into a followup of living alone and having to do daily tasks before nighttime alone, similar to Dying Light but solo with no team/safe house outside of your own house).

On 10/14/2022 at 6:07 AM, Empire said:

Good shout. I mean John Wick is killing everything that moves - I'm sure it'd translate well to videogames. Underworld is a great universe and the movies were pretty good.