Register Now
DC

Video games might be risky to some children with arrhythmic heart conditions

Recent news posts are reporting that there is a study showing that certain video games may trigger heart problems in certain children that suffer from arrhythmic conditions. It’s always upsetting to read something like this, but knowing there is a problem is the first step to dealing with it. Has anyone here ever met anyone affected by this issue?

I've been seeing things on social media about how some video games can be bad for kids, but I didn't know it was about arrhythmic heart conditions. But, I can totally see that being an issue for some children and even adults. 

I'd argue though that it can happen with tv shows and movies. I imagine more so with stuff like horror movies or anything with a lot of surprise. 

3 hours ago, Empire said:

Then in that case there parents should think about what is right and wrong when being at that young age you know, my parents did not got me into gaming when I was over ten years old and it was not even a FPS game

What the hell are you saying? I couldn't follow your post at all. So much inconsistency in your post with the run on sentence makes it almost impossible to follow. Try slowing down and making sure your posts are easier for people to follow.

20 hours ago, DC said:

Recent news posts are reporting that there is a study showing that certain video games may trigger heart problems in certain children that suffer from arrhythmic conditions. It’s always upsetting to read something like this, but knowing there is a problem is the first step to dealing with it. Has anyone here ever met anyone affected by this issue?

Now to reply to the topic at hand, what kind of games would cause issues? I can see horror games like Outlast and Layers Of Fear causing issues as they tend to get the heart racing depending on the level of fear you feel. Games like Doom, I can kinda understand being in this too, as it's loosely a horror game. They also tend to include jump scares too. But if they're playing Pokemon or Mario, I don't see how that would be a problem.

Personally, I haven't met any one but it's good to be aware of such things so you know to do when you encounter a similar case.

I would make more research about other health conditions triggered by video games maybe this would help enlighten others who might be prone to such ailments.