Register Now
NightmareFarm

Is anyone else waiting for Bayonetta 3?

bayonetta_3_option_1.0.png

It's easily my most hyped game this year. Bayonetta is my favourite series currently and i've been waiting since 2020(when I got into the series) for this game. 

The new design for Cereza looks very cute. 

I like the new summoning mechanics and the epic scale in this game. I do think the graphics look like a bit of a downgrade compared to 2 but it may be a neccessary tradeoff for being able to have summons on screen and other stuff that are taxing on the hardware. 

I see that Viola is the newcomer but I hope the game will focus on Cereza a lot more. She just seems like a train station corner store Nero to me. 

2 hours ago, Empire said:

I love that the trailer kept referencing their other games. I was watching this like "Oh, is this Bayonetta 3? Oh, no, it's Kamiya's kaiju game. Wait, that's the dog from Astral Chain. Oh, it is Bayonetta!"

It referenced DMC5 as well in some ways when you think about it. 

57 minutes ago, Demon_skeith said:

I'm looking forward to it, despite recent issues in the voice acting that was reported yesterday.

I didn't Know they had any issues recently , I was already wondering why it has been taking a lot of time since news of its release was announced earlier.

Hopefully it's going to be released on October 28 as scheduled.

On 10/16/2022 at 8:45 AM, Demon_skeith said:

I'm looking forward to it, despite recent issues in the voice acting that was reported yesterday.

I've never played any of the Bayonetta games and I wasn't likely to play this one either.... even before it turned out the original voice actor was offered the frankly pathetic sum of $4000 to reprise her iconic role.

As Jim Stephanie Sterling correctly points out this is not a problem isolated to this one game but the industry as a whole.  It's ridiculous how little voice actors in games a compensated for their time and talent compared to film and TV when the contribution is exactly the same if not more.

The scheduled release date for this video game is October 28 and despite all the delays due to their issues with voice acting, I can't wait to see what the final result is like.

I only played Bayonetta a few times but I might go all out for the new release.

If this game was comparable to the last, then the offer was in line with union standards. That doesn't end it though. Stephanie is the first one I have seen point out that at least some of the problem is that the union isn't doing as much to help voice actors as others. Years ago, there was that mini-strike for video game actors, and it seemed like the rest of the union didn't care enough to help.

The plot has thickened here with new information uncovered by Jason Schreier for this Bloomberg article. To summarise, it appears the $4000 offered to Hellena Taylor was offered for a cameo appearance after the lead role had already been recast and obviously after she had already rejected the original offer to reprise her staring role. According to the article, the actual offer for the lead role was $3000-$4000 per session with a minimum of 5 sessions, making the total offer offer $15,000+. Don't get me wrong, that's still a pittance compared to what a voice actor of a TV series or movie would would get to reprise a starring role in multi-million dollar franchise, but it's still a lot more than what Hellena claimed. Again, according to the sources in the article, Hellena actually demanded a six-figure sum and proceeds from the game as payment for her work, a deal Platinum Games rejected. Hellena has, of course, denied these claims, but somebody is clearly lying, and with NDA's and other legal ramifications involved in opening the relevant documents and information to the public, it's unlikely we'll get the truth anytime soon.

Let me be clear, even if Helena has bent the truth, the problems this incident has exposed with how VA's are paid in the video game industry are still very real. So I don't really care if she's telling the truth or not, this pressure on the industry to compensate the talent who make these games possible in a way that's fair still matters and we, as fans, need to keep piling it on. Here's a video from YongYea that goes into a more detail.

Edited by Shagger

On 10/19/2022 at 9:30 AM, Shagger said:

The plot has thickened here with new information uncovered by Jason Schreier for this Bloomberg article. To summarise, it appears the $4000 offered to Hellena Taylor was offered for a cameo appearance after the lead role had already been recast and obviously after she had already rejected the original offer to reprise her staring role. According to the article, the actual offer for the lead role was $3000-$4000 per session with a minimum of 5 sessions, making the total offer offer $15,000+. Don't get me wrong, that's still a pittance compared to what a voice actor of a TV series or movie would would get to reprise a starring role in multi-million dollar franchise, but it's still a lot more than what Hellena claimed. Again, according to the sources in the article, Hellena actually demanded a six-figure sum and proceeds from the game as payment for her work, a deal Platinum Games rejected. Hellena has, of course, denied these claims, but somebody is clearly lying, and with NDA's and other legal ramifications involved in opening the relevant documents and information to the public, it's unlikely we'll get the truth anytime soon.

Let me be clear, even if Helena has bent the truth, the problems this incident has exposed with how VA's are paid in the video game industry are still very real. So I don't really care if she's telling the truth or not, this pressure on the industry to compensate the talent who make these games possible in a way that's fair still matters and we, as fans, need to keep piling it on. Here's a video from YongYea that goes into a more detail.

This whole situation is getting crazier by the minute - I mean you are right about the pathetic working conditions of employees in the gaming industry but we'll have to wait and see where this goes.

On 10/16/2022 at 9:47 AM, hexagonian said:

I didn't Know they had any issues recently , I was already wondering why it has been taking a lot of time since news of its release was announced earlier.

Hopefully it's going to be released on October 28 as scheduled.

They are already working on settling those issues and the game will be there for the public very soon. Let's see what will happen before October ends.

On 10/19/2022 at 3:30 PM, Shagger said:

There has been times when issues surrounding how much VA's are paid and the working conditions of these people, though I can't jump into conclusions if all we are getting isn't fact and just some random findings here and there but for every rumour there is always an element of truth.

Taylor deserves to give a quotation of what she thinks is her rightful entitlement or pay for the VA role and the second party been the game developers could decline, I don't see any reason for creating too much fuss on the internet.

A contract isn't complete if the two parties doesn't agree and since Taylor hasn't agreed to theirs they should get another VA or find a way to reach an agreement with her.

Hopefully the game Comes out as scheduled this October.