Register Now
Family sedan

I've just purchased WRC 9.

Update:  I received WRC 9 today and it won't play.  When I try to press A to get into the game nothing happens and then in a few seconds my Switch shuts off.  What could the problem be?  Also I've heard that 9 is better than WRC 10 and that 10 is a disappointing game where famous rally stages look unrecognizable among other problems.

9 hours ago, killamch89 said:

@Family sedan How's the game been so far? Haven't played WRC in some years now - I'm going to start playing more older games again when I have the time. I've been caught up playing the hell out of my Nintendo Switch and been trying to get into a few Overwatch 2 matches but the queue is ridiculous!

What's the best WRC game you've played so far killa?  Maybe I'll want to buy a copy one day.

13 hours ago, Family sedan said:

Update:  I received WRC 9 today and it won't play.  When I try to press A to get into the game nothing happens and then in a few seconds my Switch shuts off.  What could the problem be?  Also I've heard that 9 is better than WRC 10 and that 10 is a disappointing game where famous rally stages look unrecognizable among other problems.

Before I get into it, know that it is possible to quote multiple posts in one reply, you don't need to add another reply for each response.

To the subject at hand. I tried looking this up and I can find nothing about this game having these issues on the Switch, this doesn't appear to be a common bug. Even if it were a common problem given the fact the game was released over two years ago, it's fair to assume it would have been patched by now. Still, make sure you're running the latest version of the game and make sure the firmware on your Switch console is also up to date. I also see that you bought the game on eBay indicating it might be used, so check the cartridge for any damage or dirt. You could also try deleting the game and reinstalling (I don't know for sure if the Switch installs files for a cartridge based game, but it's worth a try.).

If none of that works, it might be time to report the purchase as defective to eBay and start the process of getting your money back.

Edited by Shagger

7 hours ago, Family sedan said:

Also I've heard that 9 is better than WRC 10 and that 10 is a disappointing game where famous rally stages look unrecognizable among other problems.

WRC 8, 9 and 10 has their individual faults and  where the game developers failed to pay proper attention to.

WRC 8 usually has this uncontrollable pause or glitch in-between races and for a few seconds you only hear the sounds of the engine but the ride isn't responding to the command you are giving to it from the controller.

To an extent I am aware that WRC 9 has some issues too and when I asked a few people for comparison I was told WRC 10 is better off.

I don't even remember the last wrc game I played. I know I played one of the games, but there's so many now I've lost count. 

As for the switch issue, maybe it's not the games but the switch itself. Have you considered reaching out to Nintendo support or maybe reaching out to he team behind wrc to see if they can figure it out?

I'm having more problems with my Switch now.  When I try to press A to get into either of my two games it won't do it.  If I press the down arrow three times I enter the screen that would let me into the game if I press A one more time, but since A won't work this won't happen.