Register Now
DC

Most broken games ever released?

Most of the time I only play racing game and soccer.

For pre evolution soccer (PES) has been pretty consistent with their games and some like the PES 6 and PES 19 has won awards though they have some glitches but nothing so bad that you can't play your Game enjoyably.

Moto Gp has also remained consistent without too much bugs and I can't say any has been too broken and regret buying them.

I played Mass Effect 2 years ago, whole game once through. Recently tried ME1 and 3 and uninstalled after about 10%, but with Andromeda on Origin I figured I'd try it. Strangely I'm currently playing it. shrug just the maneuverability is a major step up helping the player to not feel so glued to the world.

In recent memory Cyberpunk 2077. I know it's cliche at this point, but it's more than just that. They promised things that they have yet to deliver on. Still, it's not the worst of the worst. 

The one that comes to mind is probably the Silent Hill HD remaster, mosly for the 360 version. I imagine it's playable, but i hear it's got graphical and performance issues and Konami has never patched it. They did for the PlayStation version.

19 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing has to be up there, almost nothing in the game seems to work as intended!

What did I just watch, the graphics of the game is really poor though I know it's almost 20 years since it was released but they could atleast better and you could just ride across or through buildings like there is nothing there.

Not sure where to post this as there are a ton of Cyberpunk 2077 topics and broken game topics. I’ve been playing Cyberpunk 2077 the past week and I’m getting really immersed and everything is running fine except…dun dun dun. It freezes every time on the start up screen. I have to repeatedly keep pressing the x button on my ps4 hoping that it clicks on the continue game option. I seriously feel like this game will break my console the noises it makes at start up. I’m scared. It’s only 60 go so maybe I have to reinstall it. This is insane though. After all the updates and controversy, statisticslly I have 3% chance the game plays at the main menu when I click on continue. Yikes

OK, controversial opinion here: I think cyberpunk 2077 was not the most broken game launch. I've experienced worse, for example Splinter Cell Double Agent was a barely functional husk at release, And still in the same franchise Splinter Cell Conviction was not much better, with enemies walking out of map bounds making the mission unfinishiable. Or dead enemies suddenly getting up and noclipping out of dodge in a straight line. It was ridiculous. 

Or Driver 2 on PSX was virtually unplayable running at 10 fps, and it was an exclusive title for crying out loud. And as much as I like the driver series parallel lines was a broken mess also.

But one of the least functional games was Street Legal Racing, also dishonorable mention goes to Rig'n'Roll.

19 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Not sure where to post this as there are a ton of Cyberpunk 2077 topics and broken game topics. I’ve been playing Cyberpunk 2077 the past week and I’m getting really immersed and everything is running fine except…dun dun dun. It freezes every time on the start up screen. I have to repeatedly keep pressing the x button on my ps4 hoping that it clicks on the continue game option. I seriously feel like this game will break my console the noises it makes at start up. I’m scared. It’s only 60 go so maybe I have to reinstall it. This is insane though. After all the updates and controversy, statisticslly I have 3% chance the game plays at the main menu when I click on continue. Yikes

Unfortunately, Cyberpunk 2077 has always been poorly optimized for the PS4 and Xbox One. It was unplayable at launch and although they've improved it since, as you stated, it still is a mess.