Register Now
Knight Plug

A copy of Kuon was sold for over $9,000!

That's insane and what a big profit made on the game after almost 22 years after it was released.

Elden ring was a big hit as well and I think that is what has influenced the price of kuon since they are made by the same developer and kuon is rare at this time.

18 minutes ago, Demon_skeith said:

Just depends on the buyer, but I really wish I bought some big title games back in the day unopened and kept them like that, I be sitting on a gold mine if I did 😞

The buyer certainly saw value since the developer of Kuon is the same team that made Elden Ring, the trending game in 2022. There are people that will make investments once the team behind a project do a good job.

15 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

Just depends on the buyer, but I really wish I bought some big title games back in the day unopened and kept them like that, I be sitting on a gold mine if I did 😞

To be fair, I do have a few Nintendo 3DS games still in their original package and unopened so maybe this could be me in the future.

On 10/23/2022 at 9:01 AM, Demon_skeith said:

I get the same thoughts too but back then I got only what I was gifted or had to save my allowance to be able to purchase after a few Months a game is released or what I found my peers playing and wanted to own it too.

On 10/23/2022 at 6:30 PM, killamch89 said:

To be fair, I do have a few Nintendo 3DS games still in their original package and unopened so maybe this could be me in the future.

The games have to have a low print run, and have high demand for those to get to that price. Not every game being sealed will end up being worth $9000. There’s a metric ton of sealed retro games that aren’t worth that much more (some less) than their standard retail price, and it gets lower the more recent it is, because more people have sealed copies lying around.

It's crazy to me how some rare games end up being worth lots of money. The problem with this is that there's always a chance of more copies of this game being found in a warehouse somewhere. It's happened before with other rare games. 

Either way, I don't get why some are so expensive. And on top of it all, most of the time, rare games aren't even that good. Sure there are some good games that are rare, but most to my knowledge we're either bad or mediocre games that had limited quantities at release and no one really bought them. Now I can't comment on Kuon, as I never played it, so it could be good or it could be mediocre or awful. 

On 10/24/2022 at 12:06 PM, Justin11 said:

I get the same thoughts too but back then I got only what I was gifted or had to save my allowance to be able to purchase after a few Months a game is released or what I found my peers playing and wanted to own it too.

I still have some classic PS2 games used that might net me something but most games I have now I don't think I ever wish to part with.

17 hours ago, Kane99 said:

It's crazy to me how some rare games end up being worth lots of money. The problem with this is that there's always a chance of more copies of this game being found in a warehouse somewhere. It's happened before with other rare games. 

Either way, I don't get why some are so expensive. And on top of it all, most of the time, rare games aren't even that good. Sure there are some good games that are rare, but most to my knowledge we're either bad or mediocre games that had limited quantities at release and no one really bought them. Now I can't comment on Kuon, as I never played it, so it could be good or it could be mediocre or awful. 

I wouldn’t say most of the time, it really depends on the console and the game. There’s a large number of rare games that didn’t sell well because it wasn’t popular at the time, but it was later discovered to be good/great and the demand is higher than the number of copies out there. Another common reason is that it’s an earlier entry of a series that got popular later on, or the developer got popular afterwards.

Kuon’s a survival horror game made by Fromsoftware, so you have the demand from 2 types of fans. There’s quite a few survival horror games on the PS2 that are pretty rare.

JRPG’s tend to also go for a pretty penny,  and a ton of Atlus games from the PS2 and earlier.

11 hours ago, Grungie said:

I wouldn’t say most of the time, it really depends on the console and the game. There’s a large number of rare games that didn’t sell well because it wasn’t popular at the time, but it was later discovered to be good/great and the demand is higher than the number of copies out there. Another common reason is that it’s an earlier entry of a series that got popular later on, or the developer got popular afterwards.

Kuon’s a survival horror game made by Fromsoftware, so you have the demand from 2 types of fans. There’s quite a few survival horror games on the PS2 that are pretty rare.

JRPG’s tend to also go for a pretty penny,  and a ton of Atlus games from the PS2 and earlier.

Yeah I saw it was fromsoftware, so I get why it's so sought after. 

And yeah, I know Rule or Rose is a rare horror game that I think goes for high prices these days. Also maybe some of the fatal frame games. 

45 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah I saw it was fromsoftware, so I get why it's so sought after. 

And yeah, I know Rule or Rose is a rare horror game that I think goes for high prices these days. Also maybe some of the fatal frame games. 

Yeah, I always hear about Rule of Rose as one of the more sought after PS2 games. I know the Fatal Frames go for around $100.