Register Now
The Blackangel

Controller comfort

I have noticed something recently since I started playing my PS5. I remember everyone (myself included) saying that the PS4 controller was the most comfortable controller on the market. And it absolutely was. But I say the PS5 is more comfortable. But that’s not the main focus here. What I’m noticing is that the PS4 controller has become uncomfortable, since I began using the PS5. I don’t really know why it is. I think there’s something where your hands have some kind of memory or something. But I could be completely off on that.

Has anyone else ever noticed something like this? Where something previously seen as comfortable becomes UNcomfortable?

27 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Have you tried out the Xbox controllers , I find them really aesthetic and fun to handle.

I did play a variety of games with it from soccer to racer games and it still gave me a lot of comfort.

What do you think about these controllers?

Screenshot_20221024-174021.png

Xbox controllers are no slouch. Despite me not liking Xbox, there's no denying that they did a great job. The outward angling is a bit uncomfortable for me, but otherwise it's a great design. For those wondering how I know when I'm not a fan of the system, @Rain Dew games on Xbox. Among other systems.

1 minute ago, The Blackangel said:

Xbox controllers are no slouch. Despite me not liking Xbox, there's no denying that they did a great job. The outward angling is a bit uncomfortable for me, but otherwise it's a great design. For those wondering how I know when I'm not a fan of the system, @Rain Dew games on Xbox. Among other systems.

I like the design - not too sophisticated and you can't call it basic either.

Xbox has tried to maintain a steady controller design not adding too many modifications to it since the days of the Xbox 360's.

I don't Game on the system often but i used this one and It was quite durable in my opinion.

That probably happens when you get used to a new controller and decide to jump back to something old. It might cause issues for a while, but you'll eventually get used to that controller again. 

For me I tend to get used to most controllers pretty fast. 

Also, my favorite controllers are the 360/Xbox one and the new ones. I'm happy they kept the design mostly the same since the 360. I also like the dualshock 2 for the PS2, and for PS3 and I'm sure I'd like the PS4 and PS5 controller too. 

I still can't get used to he switch controllers/joycons though. But I also don't own a switch and haven't played it much otherwise. I feel like the buttons are to small. 

On 10/23/2022 at 5:42 AM, The Blackangel said:

I think there’s something where your hands have some kind of memory or something.

Kind of like how if you expect food to taste like one thing, and it tastes slightly different, it suddenly tastes awful, even if it wouldn't with the right expectations.

I like the shape of the PS5 controller, but its weight just kills me.

I can totally relate to what you are saying regarding different controllers feeling different. I remember when I was younger, my brothers had a PS1 and I used to play Crash Bandicoot on that so much when they were not using their console and I never had an issue with the controller, found it easy to use and comfortable. I then switched to playing on Xbox and got used to using the Xbox controller and after that, I couldn't use the PlayStation controller and still to this day I find the PlayStation controller to be uncomfortable to use. You would think that it would be that I just find the Xbox controller more comfortable, but I can get on with a Nintendo controller which I have for my Nintendo Switch just fine. I am not sure if it's because the Xbox and Nintendo Switch controllers are similar in size and shape or if it's something else. 

On 10/27/2022 at 1:41 AM, Shortie said:

I can totally relate to what you are saying regarding different controllers feeling different. I remember when I was younger, my brothers had a PS1 and I used to play Crash Bandicoot on that so much when they were not using their console and I never had an issue with the controller, found it easy to use and comfortable. I then switched to playing on Xbox and got used to using the Xbox controller and after that, I couldn't use the PlayStation controller and still to this day I find the PlayStation controller to be uncomfortable to use. You would think that it would be that I just find the Xbox controller more comfortable, but I can get on with a Nintendo controller which I have for my Nintendo Switch just fine. I am not sure if it's because the Xbox and Nintendo Switch controllers are similar in size and shape or if it's something else. 

My first PlayStation console was the PS2 and I had it for several years before playing on the Xbox 360 at the Time, switching from a PlayStation controller to that of the Xbox took a toil on me and I had to play consistently for a few weeks before getting used to it.

I later got back to PlayStation and switched between the PlayStation and Xbox now which is why both seem okay in my hands.