Register Now
Kane99

Alan Wake Remastered is out on the Switch right now

I had no idea the Switch was getting a port of Alan Wake Remastered. I read a review on it though and the review claimed it looked pretty bad, of course with the Switches hardware that's kinda to be expected. The graphics are pretty bad according to some of the reviews I've checked out. They should've just used the 360 version. This one looks worse than the 360 version. 

Check out this review to get an idea. 

I’m at the stage where I’m really thinking about ordering a steam deck so I can play these titles at much better quality and cheaper! I love the Nintendo switch but now it’s time for them to really consider a pro or a successor.

10 hours ago, Empire said:

I’m at the stage where I’m really thinking about ordering a steam deck so I can play these titles at much better quality and cheaper! I love the Nintendo switch but now it’s time for them to really consider a pro or a successor.

The thing with this game, is that it was just released randomly and out of the blue. They did so because of how bad the game turned out, as they didn't want as much publicity. But, idk why they didn't just re-release the 360 version, updated a bit of course. It probably would have worked. 

But yeah, a switch isn't going to replicate Alan Wake remastered all that well. This version even looks worse than the 360 version. 

And I agree, the Switch needs to catch up with current hardware, or at least close to it. 

3 hours ago, Justin11 said:

This is awesome , I have been looking for something new to play on my switch, i would check it out and hopefully purchase this weekend.

Sorry to disappoint, but it's kinda a broken mess on the Switch. But, if you're willing to overlook the problems, you might have some fun with it. For me, I think my eyes would start to bug out with how tough it looks to see in this version. 

I really think they should have postponed this, or even cancelled it. They shouldn't have tried to pack in the remastered version, they should have utilized the 360 version instead. 

I remember the game Alan Wake when it was first released but I never got into it myself if I am honest. I know a few people that did, and they really loved the initial release of the game but I too was not aware there was going to be a port of Alan Wake though, so this is news to me to be honest. I can only imagine people would be comparing this port to the initial release of the game and when doing that, you are bound to have some kind of let downs.