Register Now
Kane99

If COD stays multiplatform, will they ever release a Switch version or on future Nintendo Console?

Nintendo hasn't been given many COD titles over the recent years. I remember they made some games for the Wii and I think maybe one or two on the Wii U, but I may be wrong on the latter there. Either way, COD hasn't been on a Nintendo console in a long time. But, I feel like they could do something for Switch owners. You already have a catalog of older COD titles, why not re-release some of them somewhat remastered but just enough for the Switch? 

I highly doubt it. The hardware on the Switch doesn't have the power to run such a game. It's one of the reasons most (if not all) AAA games aren't on the Switch. There are battle games, but nothing like CoD. Not to mention that you would have to buy a really big microSD card to have the space to run it. Even then, it would most likely run extremely slow, a microscopic frame rate, and severe lag time. The Switch is a great console, but technical wise, can't do anywhere near what the Series X/S or PS5 can do.

I very much doubt we will see Call of Duty being brought to the Nintendo Switch. As much as I feel some people would love to see the games brought to Nintendo Switch, they would have to be toned down so much for the console that it wouldn't feel as smooth as it does on say the Xbox or the PlayStation or even the PC. I also feel that it wouldn't get as much interest being on the Nintendo Switch, mainly because anyone who already plays Call of Duty will already have the platform chosen that they wish to play on so what would be the point in buying for another console and getting a version that is nothing like what you already have. With us also having Call of Duty mobile now as well, that is perfect for those who wish to play COD on the go and does seem really popular.

I do not think that will ever happen, to powerful the game 😛 I could see COD bringing the COD mobile game to switch after it's officially released on Android (not sure if it's coming to iOS) I have no idea if it's gonna have the real feel of a COD game but it seems to look like it will have decent maps. We got a COD on the DS, if I'm not mistaken more than 1. So I would say it's definitely possible.

Several CoD games were released for the DS. There were others that were on other handheld systems I'm sure. Since DS got the games, I know things like PSP and PS Vita had them. I just didn't think to look and see which systems have the games since we're talking about the DS at the moment.

That all said, I just don't see the Switch being powerful enough to run the game. It has only grown more and more massive since its inception, and the Switch hardware isn't exactly the most powerful on the market. It's more or less a glorified Game Boy. Fun as hell yes. But not a beast in any form. I'm sure there are people who can hack the system itself, and put in more powerful processors and whatnot. But as soon as Nintendo finds them they press charges. So good luck finding anything from the current generation systems from Nintendo that can handle the games.

Yeah it's true that the Switch doesn't have the hardware to handle most new COD titles, but I still think they could make a COD just for the Switch. They already have three studios making COD titles, they could have one focus on a new COD just for the Switch. I think it'd be cool to get a COD switch version. It's not like it has to match what the Xbox, PS, PC versions can do. They could get away making a smaller COD title. Or hell, even remaster/re-release some of the classic COD titles, I'm sure the switch can handle some of those.