Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games you took a while to get into the first time, but later didn’t see why?

Call of the wild is something that got months or years to get used to how to play then I started to love it even more. Then it became not my cup of tea after awhile and it's now a game that I only do with the other boys when they want to do it 😛

Any game can be hard at first, but mostly it comes to you after a first game. MSFS2020 is not however takes years to learn 😛

Very much so, it was Destiny. I remember jumping on the game and not being 100% sure on what I needed to do or how things worked and no matter how much I played I found I couldn't get the hang of it. After a while I chose to sit and look up videos and also tutorials to better understand the game and know how to get the best out of the game and now I play it so much and have so much fun on it. I have been trying to teach my daughter Destiny but she has the same issue as me when I started. Hopefully with time she will get the hang of it. 

Shenmue on the Dreamcast. I bought it because of the hype. I couldn't get too far into it back then and found it to be a boring 'walking sim' most of the time.  After i picked it back up a couple years later, I fell in love with the game and it's now one of my favorite games. A similar thing happened with me and Final Fantasy 7 on the playastation.

Terraria... I didn't get into it until a year after I bought it 😛 .

Looking back, I think I struggled to get into it because, in my mind, it was just "2D Minecraft". However, when I got into it more, I discovered that it just wasn't that simple. Sure, there were obvious visual similarities, and the games had some things in common mechanically - but the gameplay was quite different (with Terraria being more combat-focused, and Minecraft being more building-focused). It's entirely possible to appreciate both for what they are 🙂