Register Now
Tonberry

Rate the Video Game Song!

On 11/26/2022 at 8:34 PM, Kane99 said:

Right, it's so good. As for your song, not a huge fan of Megaman myself, but this is a great jam. I'm going to see if this is available on spotify. I'd say an 8/10 for me. 

I have to go with the theme of Snake Eater for my next pick. I really get that 007 vibe from it. It also fits with the timeframe of the game too. 

9/10 - Amazing. When Snake Eater came out, I was too young to really play it, and found the music corny because I didn't get that the entire game is such a homage to Spy films, but as I got older and got to play it myself (It's my favorite MGS game now), I really love it.

My next one is a really relaxing, nice tune from Smash (The original is from Pilotwings Resort I think?)

On 11/26/2022 at 2:34 PM, Kane99 said:

Right, it's so good. As for your song, not a huge fan of Megaman myself, but this is a great jam. I'm going to see if this is available on spotify. I'd say an 8/10 for me. 

I have to go with the theme of Snake Eater for my next pick. I really get that 007 vibe from it. It also fits with the timeframe of the game too. 

This is an amazing one - I loved it since the debut promotional trailer had it playing in the background. I'd say 9.5/10.

27 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

This is an amazing one - I loved it since the debut promotional trailer had it playing in the background. I'd say 9.5/10.

You're supposed to react to the latest post, then post another song for the next person to react to.

47 minutes ago, Tonberry said:

9/10 - Amazing. When Snake Eater came out, I was too young to really play it, and found the music corny because I didn't get that the entire game is such a homage to Spy films, but as I got older and got to play it myself (It's my favorite MGS game now), I really love it.

My next one is a really relaxing, nice tune from Smash (The original is from Pilotwings Resort I think?)

7/10  I like it.  It's not super dramatic or anything that particularly stands out but it's upbeat and relaxing.

Now MGS3's Snake Eater was mentioned and is great track to one of my all time favourite games.  Now admittedly it's predecessor MGS2 is a game I have given quite a hard time but to be honest, I think the soundtrack from composer Harry Gregson-Williams is even better than MGS3's!  This I think was the first time a game went truly Hollywood with it's sound and music design and holy shit does it pay off!

Edited by Crazycrab

On 11/9/2022 at 7:54 PM, killamch89 said:

I'd give the Megaman 3 theme a 7/10 for being an iconic game as well as a well-known theme.

That said, One of my favorites is the original Metal Gear Solid alert theme song for the PS1. A very iconic one for a lot of fans of the series - this is the game that got me into MG in the first place.

Okay, I would like to apologise.  I called you out on not respecting the rules of this, but on further inspection I have since have realised that you were ignored by @Justin11 before for the above post and nobody called him out.

I was the last person to make a post so obviously I can't react to it.  So with respect to the post that @killamch89 that was ignored, I would kindly ask that the next poster react to both my MGS2 and his MGS1 post so that we can get back on track.

Now @Justin11, you seriously need to pay attention, this is not once but twice you've done this on this very thread, one of which was unfortunately missed.  if you could at the very least read the OP and then the latest post.. come on!

18 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

You're supposed to react to the latest post, then post another song for the next person to react to.

7/10  I like it.  It's not super dramatic or anything that particularly stands out but it's upbeat and relaxing.

Now MGS3's Snake Eater was mentioned and is great track to one of my all time favourite games.  Now admittedly it's predecessor MGS2 is a game I have given quite a hard time but to be honest, I think the soundtrack from composer Harry Gregson-Williams is even better than MGS3's!  This I think was the first time a game went truly Hollywood with it's sound and music design and holy shit does it pay off!

Wow. Definitely 10/10. This could easily be music to a movie trailer. I love joe it starts off so hauntingly sweet. I love how the changes in music easily slide into each other. 

My all time favorite game song is Legend Of Dragoon If You Still Believe 

So my favorite is this tribute one

but here is the official one 

not sure if a tribute video using scenes from the game count. 

5 hours ago, Rain Dew said:

Wow. Definitely 10/10. This could easily be music to a movie trailer. I love joe it starts off so hauntingly sweet. I love how the changes in music easily slide into each other. 

My all time favorite game song is Legend Of Dragoon If You Still Believe 

So my favorite is this tribute one

but here is the official one 

not sure if a tribute video using scenes from the game count. 

10/10

Both versions are complex, haunting, beautiful and expertly performed.  I wish I had more to say, I honestly don't know shit about these games, but there is a genuine sense of tragedy and foreboding about this music that pulls me in.  This is incredibly well done and thank for sharing @Rain Dew.

Well, if it's going to be RPG heavyweights why not the Hymn of the Fayth from FFX, I'll also include the cover from Kate The Great:

58 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

10/10

Both versions are complex, haunting, beautiful and expertly performed.  I wish I had more to say, I honestly don't know shit about these games, but there is a genuine sense of tragedy and foreboding about this music that pulls me in.  This is incredibly well done and thank for sharing @Rain Dew.

Well, if it's going to be RPG heavyweights why not the Hymn of the Fayth from FFX, I'll also include the cover from Kate The Great:

1000/10 (10/10 just to be official) - Cannot overstate how mighty this one is. Shivers every time. Final Fantasy X has a perfect soundtrack imo, not a single bad track and this one is just godlike.

You inspired me so I'm gonna continue the RPG train for a sec. My personal favourite track of the game and it becomes even more poignant if you know the details regarding the main menu theme and this theme:

Edited by Tonberry

58 minutes ago, Tonberry said:

1000/10 (10/10 just to be official) - Cannot overstate how mighty this one is. Shivers every time. Final Fantasy X has a perfect soundtrack imo, not a single bad track and this one is just godlike.

You inspired me so I'm gonna continue the RPG train for a sec. My personal favourite track of the game and it becomes even more poignant if you know the details regarding the main menu theme and this theme:

9/10

I get an almost Addams Family feel to this, it's dark and morbid but also positive and upbeat at the same time.  I don't give it a maximum score because I feel I don't knowv the game well enough to make a comment with regard to context. 

Sticking with Final Fantasy let's see how the next person feels about this:

53 minutes ago, JoyFreak said:

7/10

Love that soundtrack, miss the good old days playing FF.

Heres mine!

This isn't part the official sound track of the game, this something created by a sperate entity partially inspired by the game (It says a much in the description of the video). Because of that, I'm afraid it doesn't count. It is superb though, so thanks for sharing.

Edited by Shagger

15 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

9/10

I get an almost Addams Family feel to this, it's dark and morbid but also positive and upbeat at the same time.  I don't give it a maximum score because I feel I don't knowv the game well enough to make a comment with regard to context. 

Sticking with Final Fantasy let's see how the next person feels about this:

Not too big with Final Fantasy myself. Not really feeling the song either. But I'll give it a 5/10. 

https://youtu.be/FNQu3O1C4Pw

One of my favorite video games soundtracks. Far Cry 3s Blood Dragon. So good. Power Glove makes some great music. 

3 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Not too big with Final Fantasy myself. Not really feeling the song either. But I'll give it a 5/10. 

https://youtu.be/FNQu3O1C4Pw

One of my favorite video games soundtracks. Far Cry 3s Blood Dragon. So good. Power Glove makes some great music. 

7/10 - Really good, I didn't play this game but I've listened to so much synthwave the last 5 years that it sounds a bit too simple for my tastes. Still great stuff nontheless, though.

Here's another one from I game I personally haven't played (But want to!) though I've listened to it a billion times in Smash:

On 11/29/2022 at 11:35 PM, Tonberry said:

7/10 - Really good, I didn't play this game but I've listened to so much synthwave the last 5 years that it sounds a bit too simple for my tastes. Still great stuff nontheless, though.

Here's another one from I game I personally haven't played (But want to!) though I've listened to it a billion times in Smash:

I absolutely enjoyed playing Xenoblade Chronicles and the sound track is an 8/10 (heavy metallic)

The sound track for uncharted 3

On 12/1/2022 at 7:11 AM, Justin11 said:

I absolutely enjoyed playing Xenoblade Chronicles and the sound track is an 8/10 (heavy metallic)

The sound track for uncharted 3

8/10

I Like it. It has a very Arabic feel to it which is obviously spot on for the game's setting.

I saw a lot of talk about FFX and FFX-2 earlier in the thread, and there's no way we can have that discussion happen without brining this up;

22 minutes ago, Shagger said:

8/10

I Like it. It has a very Arabic feel to it which is obviously spot on for the game's setting.

I saw a lot of talk about FFX and FFX-2 earlier in the thread, and there's no way we can have that discussion happen without brining this up;

As I'm sure will come a shock to absolutely no one given my history of posts here... The fucking song rocks and gets a 10/10.  I especially like the cover version form FamilyJules:

I'd like to step away from my comfort zone of RPG's for a bit and post something from one of the most off beat, slick and cool franchises of all time.  Pull my Devil Trigger bitch!  (Plus a cover from Little V)

Edited by Crazycrab