Register Now
Techno

State Of Decay Series

If so then get it going 🙂 Doesn't hurt to give it a loop the poop and see how you feel about the game and maybe type back what your thoughts are about the game. I mean isn't that much to get your hands on XD 

You don't need to play the first game to get into the second. I don't think there's a connecting story or anything. It's pretty much the same game, but I think it has co-op multiplayer, but I forget, it's been so long since I last played it. I remember playing the second game and encountering a glitch that got some of my people killed. And that turned me off from playing it any further. 

From what I played it was fun, but it's really repetitive. I don't think I can ever go back to it. Maybe if they finally made a third game I'd give it a go, but idk if I would. 

26 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

I actually got to play state of decay 2 for the first time last week, though I didn't get to play for too long but I was already getting along with   Marcus Campbell character.

I don't remember any characters myself, but I think you could open up new survivors to play as. Are you going to stick with the game? I tried but it just wasn't for me. I also remember having to go out for resources and food was a chore at times and I got bored of that quick. But that's just me. I hope you find fun in it. 

19 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I don't remember any characters myself, but I think you could open up new survivors to play as. Are you going to stick with the game? I tried but it just wasn't for me. I also remember having to go out for resources and food was a chore at times and I got bored of that quick. But that's just me. I hope you find fun in it. 

I had plans to actually go back and play it some more since my buddy already has the game on his console, I played for a few minutes so I didn't really get the full hint of what the game is like but the weekend is upon us and I would make out time to play some more.

On 11/16/2022 at 5:27 AM, killamch89 said:

I have played both and while I don't remember much about the story, I do remember doing objectives to build up your headquarters. It was a pretty fun game to me although it did have some bugs.

I haven't played the second release but for the first the bugs it had was minimal just a few glitch here and there but nothing too annoying.

On 11/22/2022 at 4:04 PM, Justin11 said:

I haven't played the second release but for the first the bugs it had was minimal just a few glitch here and there but nothing too annoying.

Yeah - I heard the third game is being built with Unreal Engine 5 so I'm looking forward to it.

On 11/5/2022 at 4:00 AM, thesaunderschild said:

What's the co-op like? 🎮

I bet it's not as fun a zombies game as Days Gone. 

The game is essentially a resource management game with zombies. For me, it got really repetitive an I hated how glitchy it was for me at times. Also you walk and run far too slow imo, at least from what I remember playing it. 

I imagine Days Gone is more comfortable to control, but I don't know if it really compares to Days Gone. With State of Decay and its sequel, you pretty much deal with the same zombies. You have to scavenge houses for supplies, constantly be on your feet because of zombies. You also have to clear out houses from zombie infestations and so on. You can meet survivors on your travels etc. 

The co-op isn't all that great imo. It just allows you team up with another player. It just makes the person you're playing with, much better than the crappy AI partners. 

I am a true believer that if you are interested in a game, you should totally give it a whirl as you can never know if you will enjoy it unless you try it. I myself have played State of Decay 1 & 2 and I enjoyed both of them, but I am a different person and what I enjoyed may not be something you enjoy. If you are able to snag then at a bargain price, I say give it a shot, you may be quite surprised and at least if you didn't like it, you didn't waste a lot of money.

On 11/28/2022 at 1:29 AM, killamch89 said:

Yeah - I heard the third game is being built with Unreal Engine 5 so I'm looking forward to it.

Most games coming out are now been made with the unreal engine 5 which is now more likely to be what many of this generation video game developers would want to use for their upcoming games.

I am also looking forward to State of decay 3 and hopefully it turns out really good.