Register Now
DC

Temperature for sleeping

Lukewarm.

I do have trouble sleeping when it's too hot (which happens often when you're living near the equator like in Singapore), but my newly bought electric wall fan has kept the room cool enough that I usually didn't have trouble sleeping for the past month or so. I try not to turn the AC on while sleeping because it can get too cold to be comfortable (even at 25 degrees Celsius), not to mention giving me a cold the following morning.

Heat makes me pass out, and not in a good way. Hence, I keep the house between 65° and 70° in the house. Any warmer than that, and I can't sleep or function. I sweat as if I'm working out in the fires of Hell. I'm a winter baby in every sense of the word. I was born on a day in January when there was ice covering the roads.

I can't sleep either in too cold or in too much heat. If it's more than 30C or less than 15C I'm having trouble falling asleep. I'm a really bad sleeper to boot, it takes me at least an hour to fall asleep sometimes 2 even in ideal conditions. And I get terrible anxiety sometimes especially on Sundays, when I barely sleep. Like yesterday I went to bed around 11:30 and couldn't sleep until 3:00.

My most horrible experience is also related to sleeping, there was an anomaly around 10 years ago where I went with almost zero sleep for two weeks. Not out of choice, but I simply couldn't fall asleep. Not even with prescription sleeping pills.

On 12/5/2022 at 5:02 PM, m76 said:

I can't sleep either in too cold or in too much heat. If it's more than 30C or less than 15C I'm having trouble falling asleep. I'm a really bad sleeper to boot, it takes me at least an hour to fall asleep sometimes 2 even in ideal conditions. And I get terrible anxiety sometimes especially on Sundays, when I barely sleep. Like yesterday I went to bed around 11:30 and couldn't sleep until 3:00.

My most horrible experience is also related to sleeping, there was an anomaly around 10 years ago where I went with almost zero sleep for two weeks. Not out of choice, but I simply couldn't fall asleep. Not even with prescription sleeping pills.

Wow - to be honest I'm a terrible sleeper as well and that's due to growing up in a violent community. If so much as a pin drops near me I instantly wake up. If my dogs are barking outside for more than a couple of minutes and they're barking intensely, I get up and go check my wireless CCTV system and then peek through the window just for confirmation.

On 12/5/2022 at 4:02 PM, m76 said:

I've been there. It was common with me when I was younger to go two weeks without any real sleep. Just micro sleeps here and there. 15 minutes here, 23 minutes there. But when my body finally said fuck this, I would finally fall asleep, but usually sleep for at least 36 hours straight. Now I'm on medication to help with that. I also take a Melatonin every night. It works great to knock me out. I don't have to use my Ambien but on a rare occasion anymore.

If I am too hot such as in a heatwave or too cold such as during the winter when I have gotten cold and can't seem to warm up, I find that I struggle to sleep and that usually results in me passing out from being too tired. 

I like it when I am warm enough that I feel comfortable when it comes to sleeping. 

The ideal sleeping weather is typically cool, with a temperature around 65 to 68 degrees Fahrenheit (18 to 20 degrees Celsius). Extremes of heat or cold can disrupt sleep, so it's best to keep the room temperature comfortable and adjustable to personal preferences for a good night's rest.