Register Now
Nebulous

Dangerous neighborhoods in your city?

MS13 came though my neighborhood a lot. My neighbor even had a bullet come through her wall. That was when we decided that it was time to move. The shithole I lived in before I met @Rain Dew was a known drug den. That made it especially hard for me as I was a recovering addict who had been clean for about 2 months when I moved in there. But it had all the utilities included in the rent and the landlords accepted section 8, so it was really cheap for me. If you add in internet and cable, my bills were only $260 per month. The rest of my money was for me to do whatever the hell I wanted with it. For a single bachelorette living on her own, it was a pretty sweet setup. But that still doesn't change the fact that everyone knew what was going on there. Gunshots were a regular occurrence. I'm an introvert as it is, so I never left my apartment after dark. I rarely left anyway.

I’ve moved around a lot, and some major cities I’ve been to actually have dangerous areas, but some were “dangerous” for local standards. I noticed for more of the whitebred states, dangerous was code word for “black people live there”.

One place I lived, people were scared of the side of town that had buildings built 20+ years ago, and didn’t have a Sprouts nearby.

Warning-satire

Being in the country has extremely dangerous neighborhoods because many are borderline sun down towns. You can get killed getting gas at the gas station or murdered by cops if they don't like how you look. As soon as you get out of your vehicle you have to livestream everything you do. Many neighborhood folk have a whole arsenal of weapons in their trunk with zip ties and rope for lynchings. They have stand your ground laws only for the locals and they are free to kidnap you and detain you for whatever reason they want as citizen arrest and vigilanteism is perfectly legal only for the locals. 

Not really... my city is quite small (around 120,000 people), and quite economically well off, so it doesn't have a whole lot of crime (even in the poorer areas). 

As for whether I'd go to such a neighbourhood... only if I had a very good reason to!

Satire

Them small cities are the sun down town cities. They will lynch anyone. The sheriff will get an extra roast for every head hung. That's crime in the country. The crime you never hear about. I live deep in the country. Deeper than any green you ever seen. The woods is by backyard. The farm is my front yard. Every pig headed hillbilly mother fuckers resides in these here parts. They see you and wanna hang you. Every boy you see, they want to kill you if you aint holding a mirror in their face. Cause all they see is a pig. Worship the pig. 

We lived in a bad neighborhood for a little bit, but then a year later my parents saved up enough to move out. Shockingly nothing happened badly there, but we also stayed inside our house normally. 

I live in a town and there is for sure some areas that I would say are bad or dangerous but we tend to stay away from those areas, especially on a night. 

Where I live, we do tend to get a little trouble but it is not as much as some areas get. Most of us keep ourselves to ourselves as to not be aware of any problems unless it directly effects us.