Register Now
Techno

Worst Game Of 2022?

On 11/13/2022 at 10:46 PM, Crazycrab said:

Babylon's Fall has to be up there.  A critical and commercial failure so massive it didn't even survive a year.

I had high hopes for Babylon fall  when it was released, I didn't play it though you can call me a fan from a distance and I like to watch game play videos of video games I didn't purchase or okay for certain reason.

Babylon's fall turned out to be a huge miss and I don't think they would want to do a sequel next year or later on.

On 11/13/2022 at 6:16 PM, Shagger said:

You're insane, or that is literally the only new game that you played this year.

Nope, i've also played Sifu, Shadow Warrior 3, Ghostwire Tokyo, DnF Duel, Splatoon 3 and Bayonetta 3 this year.

I just found it to be a very underwhelming sequel. The gameplay feels like a step back in various ways(hard to explain fully) and half of the plot is just cauldron fetch quests. Also doesn't really have the same wow factor the first game does, it doesn't do anything to up the scale. Should have been built from the ground up on next gen.

Edited by NightmareFarm

On 11/13/2022 at 4:46 PM, Crazycrab said:

Babylon's Fall has to be up there.  A critical and commercial failure so massive it didn't even survive a year.

How can it be a failure if none of us even knew it existed until it was shut down?(kidding btw) Seriously, I must be getting senile but I can't even remember if it was Square Enix or Ubisoft who made this game because if I remembered correctly, both of them have had a game fail within a year and shut down and most of us didn't even know they existed.

8 hours ago, killamch89 said:

How can it be a failure if none of us even knew it existed until it was shut down?(kidding btw) Seriously, I must be getting senile but I can't even remember if it was Square Enix or Ubisoft who made this game because if I remembered correctly, both of them have had a game fail within a year and shut down and most of us didn't even know they existed.

Babylon's Fall was published by Square Enix.  I don't think I heard of a live service game from Ubisoft that released this year and collapsed this quickly but I could be wrong.

On 11/17/2022 at 4:41 AM, NightmareFarm said:

Nope, i've also played Sifu, Shadow Warrior 3, Ghostwire Tokyo, DnF Duel, Splatoon 3 and Bayonetta 3 this year.

I just found it to be a very underwhelming sequel. The gameplay feels like a step back in various ways(hard to explain fully) and half of the plot is just cauldron fetch quests. Also doesn't really have the same wow factor the first game does, it doesn't do anything to up the scale. Should have been built from the ground up on next gen.

I am yet to play bayonnetta 3 though I have been taking about it for a while now and sincerely I don't really know what to expect from the game anymore, have  you played and Completed it already?

45 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

I am yet to play bayonnetta 3 though I have been taking about it for a while now and sincerely I don't really know what to expect from the game anymore, have  you played and Completed it already?

Yes. Fun game but don't expect a good plot out of it. There's also lots of minigame segments in the main campaign.