Register Now
Techno

2022 For Games

Mixed year, Right Indie games are killing it though. Something like vampire survivors, which is still a beta, is fun as hell. Major developers have been dropping the ball for a while, but the indie devs are putting out some gems latly and had good release, I mean they are not perfect and end of the day we all still play the same old games. 

I'd say it's a mixed bag for me. Yes,  games like God Of War Ragnarok are likely to be hits but Street Fighter 6 was a bit disappointing. It's not much different 5 outside of the graphics. Honestly, I was expecting more. Ghost Watchers is a fun Co-op game but it's not really different from Phasmophobia and others like it. Madison is scary as hell - it's always the bloody statues I tells ya!

On 11/10/2022 at 12:01 AM, m76 said:

Outside of Gran Turismo 7 I did not buy a single new game in 2022, and even GT7 was disappointing, so pretty terrible year if you ask me.

For the racer game world and for racer game fans this year wasn't really the best year, I had high hopes for GT7 but it gave less than what was expected.

2022 was really slow for games which is a shame. Usually, I have quite a few games that by the end of the year I look back and think about that I played throughout the year that were released and this year, there really hasn't been many at all. Saints Row was released and whilst that game is okay, I feel it's nothing compared to previous Saints Row games. Crossfire X was another game released that I remember but again, the game lacked so much at launch I never really went back to it. The only other game I remember that I was looking forward to was 2 Point Campus and since its release, I tried it once and haven't been back. Call of Duty is another game that came out this year but again, as much as it's fun to play for a little, it's pretty much the same as previous years. 2022 really was a dull year for gaming and I am really hoping 2023 is a better year for game releases.

12 hours ago, Shortie said:

2022 was really slow for games which is a shame. Usually, I have quite a few games that by the end of the year I look back and think about that I played throughout the year that were released and this year, there really hasn't been many at all. Saints Row was released and whilst that game is okay, I feel it's nothing compared to previous Saints Row games. Crossfire X was another game released that I remember but again, the game lacked so much at launch I never really went back to it. The only other game I remember that I was looking forward to was 2 Point Campus and since its release, I tried it once and haven't been back. Call of Duty is another game that came out this year but again, as much as it's fun to play for a little, it's pretty much the same as previous years. 2022 really was a dull year for gaming and I am really hoping 2023 is a better year for game releases.

A lot of people I know who played the new release of saints row are all saying it didn't leave up to the standard but they are other video game worthy of mention that came out this year like Elden ring released in February and stray.

God of war Ragnarok is still in production and could be released before the end of the year if I am not mistaken.

On 11/13/2022 at 9:24 AM, Demon_skeith said:

I felt like it was a pretty decent year, though you really don't want a year when too many big games drop.

If you get a lot of big games out at in the same time frame you would either focus on one and leave the others until you are satisfied with the one you are already playing and that's how it works for me.

I really don't like buying a lot of games I wouldn't have time to play afterwards so I just go for one at a time.

On 11/9/2022 at 6:01 PM, m76 said:

Outside of Gran Turismo 7 I did not buy a single new game in 2022, and even GT7 was disappointing, so pretty terrible year if you ask me.

I was disappointed with Gran Turismo 7 and as a massive Gran Turismo fan since the original game, I couldn't believe how badly Sony screwed it up.

On 11/17/2022 at 4:47 AM, killamch89 said:

I was disappointed with Gran Turismo 7 and as a massive Gran Turismo fan since the original game, I couldn't believe how badly Sony screwed it up.

I'm actually done with GT7 and selling my PS4 Pro, I'm probably done with SONY altogether.

On 11/19/2022 at 6:09 AM, egghead said:

I thin 2022 was really good year for the gaming industry, we saw some really good new games (Elden Ring, for example) and some good sequels (Dying Light 2, God of War Ragnarok, etc.)

They were an interesting amount of exciting games that was released this year and I am excited I was able to play a few of them, I really can't wait for others still coming out before the end of the year to be out already.