Register Now
Techno

Dishonored

I played the first game. It's interesting and challenging with a decent story, but the mechanic whare your playstyle and how many many you kill affects the environment as you go I feel didn't work. I played as stealthily as possible and killed a handful of people but still ended up with plague and rats everywhere.

Never played the first, but did play the second. I loved it, mainly because Arkane are incredibly talented when it comes to level design. For anyone who enjoyed the gameplay of Dishonored, I would highly recommend checking out Prey.

I think one of the best things I liked that was unique to Dishonored (compared to other Arkane games) is how the world changes based on whether you kill/spare people in ways beyond just what characters do. Certain areas get changed entirely and NPC interactions (with each other, not the player) in the world are different too, which is really neat!

I've only played the first, but have downloaded Dishonored 2 a few times and have yet to play it. I always end up deleting it to make room for other games. But with Dishonored, I really had a lot of fun with it. So much that I was going to do the whole playthrough without killing anyone. But I played it the usual way of killing whoever was in my way. 

One of these days I'll replay it, and maybe even get into the sequel and some of the DLC stuff. 

On 11/9/2022 at 5:44 PM, Moonface said:

Never played the first, but did play the second. I loved it, mainly because Arkane are incredibly talented when it comes to level design. For anyone who enjoyed the gameplay of Dishonored, I would highly recommend checking out Prey.

I think one of the best things I liked that was unique to Dishonored (compared to other Arkane games) is how the world changes based on whether you kill/spare people in ways beyond just what characters do. Certain areas get changed entirely and NPC interactions (with each other, not the player) in the world are different too, which is really neat!

I was aware they already had two games that's like a series of it own.

I am still surprised I know very little of this game and haven't heard about it up until this time.

On 11/22/2022 at 4:10 PM, Justin11 said:

I was aware they already had two games that's like a series of it own.

I am still surprised I know very little of this game and haven't heard about it up until this time.

The first game I believe was released in 2012 and the second one was in November 2016? (I'm going off memory). While the first game was fairly popular, the second one wasn't given as much acclaim but as a series, I think it's highly underrated.

On 11/28/2022 at 1:34 AM, killamch89 said:

The first game I believe was released in 2012 and the second one was in November 2016? (I'm going off memory). While the first game was fairly popular, the second one wasn't given as much acclaim but as a series, I think it's highly underrated.

I think my first ever encounter with this title would be back in 2015 just a few months to the release of the second title I remember I didn't actually pay any attention to it.

But its exciting to know that it actually has a fairly strong fan base and some gamers are actually interested in playing the game.

12 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I have a simple question that I haven't been able to find an answer to.

Is Dishonored playable in third person instead of just first person?

Only first person is supported. I hear that they do have a character model for the person you play as, but you're essentially just two floating hands when playing in first person. So if in third person, you'd just see disembodied hands.  

Found this topic on steam discussing it: https://steamcommunity.com/app/205100/discussions/0/451848855001711165/