Register Now
Techno

COD Modern Warfare 2 made a billion dollars in 10 days.

As someone who got pretty burned out on Call of Duty over the years, I was a little skeptical about this year's game and didn't think I would even bother to try it after being disappointed by games in the past. I will admit that I have now tried it and as much as they do still need to work on some things, it's the first Call of Duty since about 2015 that I have really enjoyed and haven't got fed up on. I can see why it's sold so many but even though they have had some bad years and some bad games people do still seem to be enjoy the franchise so it's no surprise that they have done as well as the have in the first 10 days. 

That game had more content than every other cod that was released over the last 5 years combined. I would take it a bit easier on them. They didn't short change you. FLip ton of maps that they continually released for free, warzone, the expansion of attachments to what we see today, mounting, executions, gunfight game mode. The list of things they brought to cod goes on and on.

It's COD, it will continue to make billions in sales because the fandom grows with new fans every year. I may have dropped off as a player in recent years, but I know that there will always be this devoted fan base for it. Usually it starts with 12 year old kids discovering it for the first time and then jumps to the serious players who are adults and haven't lost interest in playing it just yet. 

COD fan base keeps enlarging and over here there are several competition made in respect cod including the red bull free fire COD of duty competition currently ongoing here.

I think for the long run this game is still going to remain relevant and Microsoft would still make a lot more profit from it.

6 hours ago, killamch89 said:

As I had said to many others here, COD has a cult-like following that very few games can ever hope to accomplish. I swear most COD fanboys a twig if it had COD spray painted on it.

We had a discussion and some were of the opinion that in recent times most of COD games are repetitive or lacks new contents and they are constantly losing fans as a result of this.

This article has shown that COD is still relevant and fans aren't getting enough of it.

10 hours ago, Justin11 said:

We had a discussion and some were of the opinion that in recent times most of COD games are repetitive or lacks new contents and they are constantly losing fans as a result of this.

This article has shown that COD is still relevant and fans aren't getting enough of it.

Yeah, it's because even though they lose a lot of fans, they eventually gain more each year. It's a never ending shift for COD in general. One group decides to peace out, more players jump in. Usually the annoying 12 year old kids who just got their Xboxes on Christmas. I remember playing COD every year, and right around Christmas, you'd see a jump in players joining. It's because all of those kids asked for it on Christmas, and here we are. 

COD may lose a decent amount of players, but it's a very small amount considering how many still play the game, and will continue to do so year in and year out. 

1 hour ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah, it's because even though they lose a lot of fans, they eventually gain more each year. It's a never ending shift for COD in general. One group decides to peace out, more players jump in. Usually the annoying 12 year old kids who just got their Xboxes on Christmas. I remember playing COD every year, and right around Christmas, you'd see a jump in players joining. It's because all of those kids asked for it on Christmas, and here we are. 

COD may lose a decent amount of players, but it's a very small amount considering how many still play the game, and will continue to do so year in and year out. 

I Know about some video game competition that is organized yearly on COD , that shows how fan are very much interested in it and even playing competitively to get a best player.

The numbers are fascinating and they are making a good yearly profit on video games.

On 11/15/2022 at 4:10 PM, Kane99 said:

Yeah and that's why Activision won't try to improve COD and just serve up the same recycled game every year. They know the fanbase is massive so anything they put out will buy the new COD game whether it's good, bad or mediocre.

On 11/17/2022 at 3:06 AM, killamch89 said:

Yeah and that's why Activision won't try to improve COD and just serve up the same recycled game every year. They know the fanbase is massive so anything they put out will buy the new COD game whether it's good, bad or mediocre.

They are trying in the best way they can , maybe you ain't so much of a fan because most people would still play vanguard instead of other previous release because in their words "its way better and more recent".