Register Now
DC

Longest time you’ve spent on character creation

I’ve spent a few hours in one sitting customizing my character for Saints Row 2 and 3. Also a couple hours for Skyrim. I think those games I’ve spent the longest. It’s definitely worth it to me having that enjoyable character. I take it pretty serious. It makes the gameplay that much better. Especially Saints Row where you can make them as wacky as you like. The options are amazing. I’ve even started a game several times and had to change some things on my character. Even something so simple as the voice or the hair wasn’t right, I will change it. And little did I know there is plastic surgery in the game that allows you to change the character whenever you want with a price. 

I always try to make my characters look just right, so I probably spend 10 times the average duration in character creators. Sometimes playing with the creator is more fun than the entire rest of the game.

My biggest issue usually is that the character will always look slightly different in game than in the character creator. So the ability to change the look later is a must. Otherwise I have been forced to re-start games because my character didn't turn out exactly as intended.

As @Reality vs Adventure had mentioned having the right character can boost the overall enjoyment I get out of the game.

Having a character that I don't like can break an entire game for me.

I remember spending a chunk of time when I was playing Saints Row 4 creating my character. There were so many options and so much you could do for your character I just sat for at least an hour going through everything and perfecting my character. I will admit that the most of my time was spent going back and redoing things because I had messed things up and I just wasn't happy with it. The only other game I think I ever spent a chunk of time on for a character was Destiny 2 but that wasn't quite as much time as Saints Row 4.

7 hours ago, Shortie said:

I remember spending a chunk of time when I was playing Saints Row 4 creating my character. There were so many options and so much you could do for your character I just sat for at least an hour going through everything and perfecting my character. I will admit that the most of my time was spent going back and redoing things because I had messed things up and I just wasn't happy with it. The only other game I think I ever spent a chunk of time on for a character was Destiny 2 but that wasn't quite as much time as Saints Row 4.

I haven't played Saints Row 4 yet, but I can't imagine how they improved from the earlier series customizing characters. Must be cool. 

11 hours ago, Shortie said:

I haven't played saints row 4 but I remember how long it took my buddy to create his own character.

Character creation is fun in most video games and when the outcome is exactly what you visualized it is usually really exciting.

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

When I used to play Champions Online, I used to spend hours on character creation and customization just because of the nearly infinite amount of ways to customize your character.

What was champions like , my friend mentioned something about how diverse you could customize your  character but I was too caught up with the game i was playing to even pay attention to it.

On 11/15/2022 at 4:14 AM, Justin11 said:

What was champions like , my friend mentioned something about how diverse you could customize your  character but I was too caught up with the game i was playing to even pay attention to it.

It's an online MMO where you can create your own superhero and you had tons of customization options so you'd probably be there for hours everyday making alternate costumes for your character.

On 11/17/2022 at 4:31 AM, killamch89 said:

It's an online MMO where you can create your own superhero and you had tons of customization options so you'd probably be there for hours everyday making alternate costumes for your character.

That sounds interesting, I like to create my own characters and still considering getting into video games development later on.

If I get to play this game then I think I might just spend all my time customizing my character other than playing the main story.