Register Now
Techno

2023 for games

The RE4 remake is due out in March, and already I am seeing rumours that there will be microtransactions...

Uh, can I have a quiet wee word, Capcom? 🤭

Like for example, in the original RE4 you could use a red beam on your guns to aim at enemies. But it seems that you're now going to have to buy this feature. So I would not be surprised if you have to buy your German Suplex counter move as well. 😆

In all seriousness, that's rather shoddy. 🤑

10 hours ago, thesaunderschild said:

The RE4 remake is due out in March, and already I am seeing rumours that there will be microtransactions...

Like for example, in the original RE4 you could use a red beam on your guns to aim at enemies. But it seems that you're now going to have to buy this feature. So I would not be surprised if you have to buy your German Suplex counter move as well. 😆

Really? I'm going to have to look this up. Gaming companies keep trying to shoot themselves in the foot all the time.

3 hours ago, thesaunderschild said:

Provided it's not essential, I don't mind. Still feels unnecessary. Back in the day, you didn't buy content. You unlocked it, and could give yourself kudos. 

But it's 2022. That's just how the industry works now. 

https://www.dualshockers.com/resident-evil-4-remake-will-include-in-game-purchases-according-to-esrb-summary/

Well, it doesn't state what are the in-game purchase items but that's still shocking. To be fair, they also wanted to include microtransactions in RE 7 but decided against it so we really shouldn't be all that shocked...

On 11/27/2022 at 10:26 AM, thesaunderschild said:

They are bringing Microtransactions to resident Evil , Its not surprising because I Know at some point other game developers would want to try out Microtransactions since fans still play videogames with or without them and microtransactions doesn't even affect the overall sales of video games.

I can only wait and see what it turns out to be when it is eventually released.