Register Now
Kane99

Patent reveals that Sony is working on NFT and Blockchain Tech

Oh god, when is it going to end. More bad news as the gaming industry just can't leave NFTs and Blockchain technology behind. It looks like Sony is the next ones to decide on making their own NFTs and blockchain tech. Their purpose is to make it to track digital asset purchases. Which means they're going to utilize NFTs as a way to sell digital assets. So probably clothing, avatars, games, maybe even special release skins. The possibilities are endless, at least when it comes to digital stuff. 

My worries is that this is going to just result in more ways for studios to take more money out of us for things that probably should be free to begin with. 

You can read about this here: https://wccftech.com/sony-patent-reveals-that-the-company-has-been-working-on-nft-and-blockchain-technology/

I wouldn't reed too much into this. Companies file patents to prepare for "maybe's" in the market all time with no definite intent to actually do anything with them. NFT's have already gone out of fashion and Sony know that. If I were Sony, I would have patented tech to take advantage of the trend as well just in case they the turned out not to be wasteful, flash-in-the-pan, unsustainable fad that they they were. And I say that in the past tense proudly because the are dead.

NFT's are dead, Sony know that, all they were doing is covering thier bases. No reason to panic.

People need to calm down on the NFT thing, this could also be a new way for them to verify ownership of things like digital game, dlc and such, having an external way to work with its own internal database, it could also be to hold the patent so they could make money off others wanting to use it... or it could be NFT trash lol

On 11/17/2022 at 1:31 PM, Empire said:

People need to calm down on the NFT thing, this could also be a new way for them to verify ownership of things like digital game, dlc and such, having an external way to work with its own internal database, it could also be to hold the patent so they could make money off others wanting to use it... or it could be NFT trash lol

It could all be a complete trash but not a bad move from Sony , there is always a 50/50 percent chance of things going their way or how they envisioned it to be.

4 hours ago, Justin11 said:

It could all be a complete trash but not a bad move from Sony , there is always a 50/50 percent chance of things going their way or how they envisioned it to be.

Well, sony and many others look at cost of what they get at the end of things if it does on there side of the good. 

On 11/17/2022 at 7:31 AM, Empire said:

With how demonized NFTs are, it's way more likely to fail. Countless other gaming companies has failed miserably, just because they're Sony doesn't mean they'll fair any better.

I wouldn't look too far into this right away unless Sony actually come out and confirm that is what they are working on. All too often you will see things like this filed and rumors will run riot and they never amount to anything in the end or only so many do and it's usually not the ones you thought would to be honest. With the way people are with NFT's this could just be something they did to secure what they needed but whether or not they do bother with NFT's is a different story.

On 11/21/2022 at 1:21 PM, Empire said:

Well, sony and many others look at cost of what they get at the end of things if it does on there side of the good. 

Technology in all of it's forms is the future of the world as we know it so it is only commemorative that we start getting a lot of innovations in every aspect of human existence including how we manage our resources or assets which involves NFT'S.