Register Now
Kane99

Dead Island 2 Delayed yet again, releases April 28th 2023

Dead Island 2 has been delayed again, as it will be taking up to 12 short weeks as they say, and development is on the final straight now. I'm guessing final stretch of development. Anyway, I'm sure this is news people don't want to hear, but maybe it's good news they're taking a little extra time on this. 12 weeks isn't a lot of time, so at least it's not a year or two out. Does this worry you about the quality of the game? 

Also, they have announced a showcase for Dead Island 2 that will reveal a new trailer and gameplay. Which is Dec 6th this year on their Twitch/YouTube and website. 

News below. 

Edited by Kane99

I’m so glad about this. Was really looking forward to this but the Dead Space remake comes out a week before and Like a Dragon Ishin 2 weeks after so I didn’t know if I’d have enough time for all of them. This makes it easier.

On 11/21/2022 at 2:50 AM, Justin11 said:

Atleast it wasn't delayed for months just like it has seen development of this game was announced.

I just hope it Comes out good after all this.

Well it's still a few months away with the delay, so technically there's still a little ways to go. But we're closer than we've been. 

I hope so too. Because as of late, a lot of triple A games have been releasing broken or not up to the standards fans expect. With Dead Island 2, a lot of people expect something great to come from it, so it has to be a banger otherwise I don't think people will care. Especially with other zombie games out there like the Dying Light series. 

I think it's a really good idea that they have chosen to delay it by 12 weeks, they feel themselves that the game is not ready to be pushed out to the public and if they feel it isn't ready then they should delay. 12 weeks gives them enough time to address the issues they have and release a final game that is up to the standard they want and will be happy with. Anyone who is looking forward to this I feel should be happy about the delay as it means they will get a better finished product without the issue of running into a lot of problems or the game being unplayable. 

On 11/28/2022 at 6:26 PM, Kane99 said:

Well it's still a few months away with the delay, so technically there's still a little ways to go. But we're closer than we've been. 

I hope so too. Because as of late, a lot of triple A games have been releasing broken or not up to the standards fans expect. With Dead Island 2, a lot of people expect something great to come from it, so it has to be a banger otherwise I don't think people will care. Especially with other zombie games out there like the Dying Light series. 

I really want this game to be a success I haven't been a fan of dead island for the longer period but I just want a comeback and hopefully I could get more involved in dead island games than I have ever been.

They just dropped an extended gameplay trailer. Is anyone here ready to finally get their hands on this game? I am worried that it's going to release a buggy mess for some reason. But maybe I'll be wrong and it actually turns out to be good. We shall see. 

On 3/2/2023 at 5:47 PM, Kane99 said:

They just dropped an extended gameplay trailer. Is anyone here ready to finally get their hands on this game? I am worried that it's going to release a buggy mess for some reason. But maybe I'll be wrong and it actually turns out to be good. We shall see. 

You know what, I've stop wishing game studios release games early because all the games that end up getting rushed out always comes with lots of bugs. That being said, I hope this does as well as the first game did.

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

You know what, I've stop wishing game studios release games early because all the games that end up getting rushed out always comes with lots of bugs. That being said, I hope this does as well as the first game did.

Same. I think with Dead Island 2 though, it'll be different, I hope. They have delayed this game for so long, that there will be no excuse if it comes out a broken mess. Which could happen, but I hope that is not the case, because I'd hate to see this game turn out to be a failure. It's becoming tiring seeing all of these games that were hyped up like crazy turn out to be bad, mediocre or not what fans were hoping for. 

So this release they need to come out swinging and make sure this game is at good as they possibly could make it. 

18 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Same. I think with Dead Island 2 though, it'll be different, I hope. They have delayed this game for so long, that there will be no excuse if it comes out a broken mess. Which could happen, but I hope that is not the case, because I'd hate to see this game turn out to be a failure. It's becoming tiring seeing all of these games that were hyped up like crazy turn out to be bad, mediocre or not what fans were hoping for. 

So this release they need to come out swinging and make sure this game is at good as they possibly could make it. 

Yeah - I want most of the games to do well this year. Last year was such a disappointment for gamers as most of the anticipated titles were total flops. On another note, this game seems like a slightly exaggerated version of LA lol.

On 3/9/2023 at 11:58 AM, killamch89 said:

Yeah - I want most of the games to do well this year. Last year was such a disappointment for gamers as most of the anticipated titles were total flops. On another note, this game seems like a slightly exaggerated version of LA lol.

Didn't the original game take place in LA? Or was it Florida? Or was it something like Hawaii? I forget lol. But yeah, I'm sure they will exaggerate things a bit. 

Do you guys think it'll get delayed again? I have a feeling we're going to end up getting another delay, unless they stay true to the release date. If so, I hope it doesn't release with problems. I want this release to go good. 

It's a good thing they are delaying so they can perfect it. Their big competition is probably Dying Light 2. And that game is bad ass as I just started playing it and that may have put a bit of intimidation on Dead Island 2. It's good they make sure there are no major bug issues and all that. This is the proper course of things to wait and not rush. As long as they aren't trying to take advantage of pre sale or something weird like that, then we should just wait.