Register Now
Kane99

Dead Island 2 Delayed yet again, releases April 28th 2023

On 3/11/2023 at 1:49 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

It's a good thing they are delaying so they can perfect it. Their big competition is probably Dying Light 2. And that game is bad ass as I just started playing it and that may have put a bit of intimidation on Dead Island 2. It's good they make sure there are no major bug issues and all that. This is the proper course of things to wait and not rush. As long as they aren't trying to take advantage of pre sale or something weird like that, then we should just wait. 

I just hope this delay is enough to release it in a playable state. And I hope it isn't a broken game at release, but I'm starting to be reminded of other delays in recent memory, and that's not good. 

Anyway, if it does release with problems, it was probably the higher ups pushing for it to release sooner than later. 

5 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I just hope this delay is enough to release it in a playable state. And I hope it isn't a broken game at release, but I'm starting to be reminded of other delays in recent memory, and that's not good. 

Anyway, if it does release with problems, it was probably the higher ups pushing for it to release sooner than later. 

Those higher ups need to stick a cork in it. 

5 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Those higher ups need to stick a cork in it. 

Right? Like damn, let the devs work. I get having a deadline, but maybe if there are problems reaching said deadline, and it's been a problem for a bit, maybe extend the deadline a bit later next time. 

But that's what these big studio heads do. They push and prod their developers in making the games as fast as they can to meet a street date. 

But, I think these studios are taking notice to the amount of failures that have come out, and are hopefully going to wait until a game is "ready" before actually shipping it. If another Cyberpunk 2077 happens, it's going to end that game. 

I think the actual developers need to be the leaders going forward. No more of these rich CEOs running the whole show. 

On 3/10/2023 at 4:36 PM, Kane99 said:

Didn't the original game take place in LA? Or was it Florida? Or was it something like Hawaii? I forget lol. But yeah, I'm sure they will exaggerate things a bit. 

Do you guys think it'll get delayed again? I have a feeling we're going to end up getting another delay, unless they stay true to the release date. If so, I hope it doesn't release with problems. I want this release to go good. 

I can't say if they'll actually adhere to the release date this time but I hope it's a fully functional game with little to no bugs as games should be released. None of this day one patch nonsense and subsequent patches to fix the game after release.